Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: tinhorns rumored to be targeting Lee at #33
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Rumors have them going WR. Curious when they plan to take a QB. Also, hearing that the Ryan Mallett thing isn't happening.

That'd be fine with me. I like Lee, but there is so many good WR's in this draft that Lee isn't the only guy I'd like to see us get. Looks like they either get Mallett or draft a QB in round 3/later or trade up.

Would be a solid pick though, has injury risks but I think he's pretty talented.

Quote:That'd be fine with me. I like Lee, but there is so many good WR's in this draft that Lee isn't the only guy I'd like to see us get. Looks like they either get Mallett or draft a QB in round 3/later or trade up.

Would be a solid pick though, has injury risks but I think he's pretty talented.

Gotta change that avy pimpin' !
Quote:Gotta change that avy pimpin' !

Totally forgot about it...lol. Thanks for reminding me.
Word is spreading on twitter that about half the teams took Lee off their board due to his knee.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/injuryexpert'>Will Carroll ‏@injuryexpert </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/injuryexpert/status/464879207445987328'>1h</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14.285714149475098px;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Another draftee that fell significantly is Marqise Lee. Several teams scared of his knee. Source I spoke with said "half the league is out."

I'm sure they did their due diligence
Quote:Rumors have them going WR. Curious when they plan to take a QB. Also, hearing that the Ryan Mallett thing isn't happening.

At no point in time was Houston ever rumored to take Lee..  The source who said that doesn't know what the heck he's talking about.  Our WR position might be the strongest positional group on the team.

Also, that Ryan Mallet thing still might happen.
Quote:At no point in time was Houston ever rumored to take Lee..  The source who said that doesn't know what the heck he's talking about.  Our WR position might be the strongest positional group on the team.

Also, that Ryan Mallet thing still might happen.

According to Adam S, all QBs will be in Patriot camp. Hope u aren't counting on it.

enjoy your 6 wins.
Quote:According to Adam S, all QBs will be in Patriot camp. Hope u aren't counting on it.

enjoy your 6 wins.

I'm not counting on anything...  I'm just not butt hurt over not spending a high draft pick on one of these overrated mediocre QBs that are coming out this year.  I said months ago.. there isn't much difference between the first QB taken and one taken in the middle rounds so why reach in a draft that is so deep at other positions?  We already have QBs on our roster that can put up the production they will be capable of their first year and that's not saying a whole lot.

Through the first three rounds Houston has arguably picked up the best OLB/DE, the best OG, the best all around TE, and the best NT in the draft.  The reason why they lost so many games last season was because of their play in the trenches so I'm loving this draft.  And even if we do win only 6 games, I will enjoy it.. because even if we don't get a QB this year in the draft or trade we'll be in position to next season in a better QB draft (assuming we only win 6 games) and I'll still get to enjoy watching our defense beat the hell out of other team's offenses..  Your team better start drafting Olineman, because you can't throw to shiny receivers when your QB is laying flat on his back.  Smile
Quote: 

Your team better start drafting Olineman, because you can't throw to shiny receivers when your QB is laying flat on his back.  Smile

We did, and signed one in FA. But thanks for your concern. 
Quote:We did, and signed one in FA. But thanks for your concern. 

Zane Beadles?  LOL
congrats on drafting what could possibly be the biggest bust in NFL history, trindon!

4.6 40, bench press - 37 reps, broad jump - 125", vertical jump - 35.5, 3 cone drill - 7.12 seconds.

4.53 40, bench press - 21 reps, broad jump - 124", vertical jump - 37", 3 cone drill - 7.27 seconds.

one is clowney, one is a bust. Guess which is clowney and which/who the bust is.

doesn't look like a once in a lifetime physical freak to me.

Quote:congrats on drafting what could possibly be the biggest bust in NFL history, trindon!

Sorry, but that's not possible..  He won't even be the biggest bust at his position within this division..  Remember Derrick Harvey or how about Quentin Groves?

Quote:4.6 40, bench press - 37 reps, broad jump - 125", vertical jump - 35.5, 3 cone drill - 7.12 seconds.

4.53 40, bench press - 21 reps, broad jump - 124", vertical jump - 37", 3 cone drill - 7.27 seconds.

one is clowney, one is a bust. Guess which is clowney and which/who the bust is.

doesn't look like a once in a lifetime physical freak to me.

What's your point..  Those are great measurables.  ???  It still doesn't guarantee that a player will pan out, but it also doesn't mean they won't be great..  so what's the point that you're trying to make?
trying to say that there have been other players with better physical ability than clowney that have busted. Clowney has no moves. He relies only on his physical ability and also has no natural fit in your defense. No player has had more hype over one hit in their lives than clowney. He's lazy, unmotivated, bad work ethic, thinks everything should be given to him...etc. He has bust written all over him, and yes, he would be the biggest bust ever because of the hype and him being drafted #1.

I don't understand why people should fear the Texans defense. It was crap last year, the good players you have are another year older, and regardless if your d even can perform or get any use out of the rookies, inept offense with no QB and your best wr and frail vegan rb are on the downward side of their careers. Yates, keenum, or fitz will do a really great job throwing turnovers and wearing out your own defense. See how hard clowney tries when you are constantly losing.

Quote:trying to say that there have been other players with better physical ability than clowney that have busted. Clowney has no moves. He relies only on his physical ability and also has no natural fit in your defense. No player has had more hype over one hit in their lives than clowney. He's lazy, unmotivated, bad work ethic, thinks everything should be given to him...etc. He has bust written all over him, and yes, he would be the biggest bust ever because of the hype and him being drafted #1.

Again what's your point..  there has also been players with less measurables that went on to HOF careers.

The rest of your post is just drivel.  Like you have a clue what type of "work ethic or how lazy or motivated he is".  Jadeveon Clowney wasn't even drafted to be "the guy"..  He going to play next to "the guy" J.J. Watt.. who's going to play next to another guy Louis Nix III.

#can'tblockeverybody

Jadeveon Clowney went to the best possible spot.
Quote:I don't understand why people should fear the Texans defense. It was crap last year, the good players you have are another year older, and regardless if your d even can perform or get any use out of the rookies, inept offense with no QB and your best wr and frail vegan rb are on the downward side of their careers. Yates, keenum, or fitz will do a really great job throwing turnovers and wearing out your own defense. See how hard clowney tries when you are constantly losing.

Despite the QB position being in flux.. Andre Johnson had one of the best years in his career... and DeAndre Hopkins played really well for a rookie.. and why the heck are you trying to knock the Texans defense over age?  They have one of the youngest units in the league? (so what are you even talking about?)... But yes, keep trying to convince yourself that we will suck. 

drivel? I told you my point is that clowney is not a once in a lifetime physical specimen that everyone labeled him.

what position is he going to play for you? Stand up linebacker?

you avoided everything else I said. A cool word like labeling my argument as drivel, doesn't dismiss it or make you seem at all knowledgeable. Tell me how you feel about the defense always being on the field? You can block everyone when they're gassed from always being on the field. Don't avoid all of my points just because I'm right.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5