Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Houston's reaction to Teddy & the Vikes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=41956

Houston fans are not happy about the Vikes jumping them !!

haha good read,,,, love to see houston in a little turmoil.... they are pretty b hurt... nice to see they have as many knee jerk fans in houston as we do he in jax

If Houston didn't think someone was going to trade up with Seattle to grab a QB then the front office is incompetent.  I'm guessing they knew it was going to happen just like everyone else and weren't interested in Bridgewater so they didn't care.

That thread made me smile.  Now i hope they use #33 on a QB and he busts bad!

A lot of the fanbase wanted Bridgewater in Houston. I honestly think that he wasn't a major target of the Houston front office though as they seemed to not pay any attention to the guy at all leading up to the draft. I think they have their eyes set on someone else and will continue to fill out the defense.
Quote:A lot of the fanbase wanted Bridgewater in Houston. I honestly think that he wasn't a major target of the Houston front office though as they seemed to not pay any attention to the guy at all leading up to the draft.

Yes, thats always a good way to judge actual team interest of a player.....cough Bortles, cough....

Got some pressure on your GM to improve that offense. I am assuming after a 5-11 season next year, some heads are going to roll.

Take Tommy Savage. Please.

HOU doesn't have the luxury of a rebuild like we do. They are expected to win immediately WITHOUT a QB. Rick Smith will be pooping diamonds this weekend.

Quote:Take Tommy Savage. Please.

Be careful what you wish for. 

I don't want them getting him. He could be good. 

Let them take Carr 2.0. 

According to KC Joyner, Carr had the worst metrics; had the worst completion pct under duress of any of the top QB prospects in the draft. 
Quote:Be careful what you wish for. 

Let them take Carr 2.0. 

According to KC Joyner, Carr had the worst metrics; had the worst completion pct under duress of any of the top QB prospects in the draft. 

I thought you hated "late risers"

If you look up "late riser" in the dictionary, Tom Savage's picture comes up.
Texans haven't had a passrusher for years
Quote:Be careful what you wish for. 

Let them take Carr 2.0. 

Anybody could be good.

Watched Savage a few times and didn't see anything special.
The Texans really need to take Derek Carr.

My question that no one seems to answer staright up is where is Clowney going to line up for them? He doesn't fit the defense. Everyone I asked can't seem to answer this question.

Quote:My question that no one seems to answer staright up is where is Clowney going to line up for them? He doesn't fit the defense. Everyone I asked can't seem to answer this question.

C'mon, don't you know the answer to that question is "For someone that talented, they will make it work".

With the ineptitude of the tinhorns coaching staff, i'm sure Crennel will put him in coverage.
Quote:My question that no one seems to answer staright up is where is Clowney going to line up for them? He doesn't fit the defense. Everyone I asked can't seem to answer this question.

They'll make him a rush linebacker that almost never drops into coverage.
Quote:C'mon, don't you know the answer to that question is "For someone that talented, they will make it work".

With the ineptitude of the tinhorns coaching staff, i'm sure Crennel will put him in coverage.
Line up Clowney at QB, killin' two birds with one stone, or something like that.
Quote:http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=41956

Houston fans are not happy about the Vikes jumping them !!

Your first problem was going to that board.  Real Texan fans go to the old "official message board"

When all of y'all were creaming over the prospect of having the #1 ovrl pick to draft Teddy Bridgewater.. I told y'all he wasn't anything close to being a top pick in the draft (hell he almost fell out of the first round) and wanted no part of him.  Only idiots would cry over missing out on Teddy Bridgewater.

That question was answered as soon as he was drafted.  He'll stand up and play right behind Watt so while Watt is eating up blockers and creating havoc.. Clowney will be free to do what he does best.  Heck with Nix next to Watt, Watt won't even have to eat all the double teams.. Brian Cushing has to be the happiest person alive today, he's going to be free to roam and make cheap shots  Smile  

Pages: 1 2 3