Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags luck in trading up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So i was thinking in my head today on the way to work, the jags are absolutely terrible when it comes to trading up, at least in recent years.

Off the top of my head:

Gabbert

Harvey

Cox

Blackmon

Groves

We were rumored to have tried to trade up for Sean Penn and Darrelle Revis, which obviously didnt work out (just our luck!)

So have we ever succesfully traded up for a winner?

You left off Rackley

The first year they traded up for James Stewart. He was decent.

Quote:So i was thinking in my head today on the way to work, the jags are absolutely terrible when it comes to trading up, at least in recent years.

Off the top of my head:

Gabbert

Harvey

Cox

Blackmon

Groves

We were rumored to have tried to trade up for Sean Penn and Darrelle Revis, which obviously didnt work out (just our luck!)

Greg Jones was okay. Other than him I can't think of a trade up in one of the first three rounds that resulted in a player anyone would perceive positively.
We tried to trade up for Spicolli?

Quote:The first year they traded up for James Stewart. He was decent.

He was, but even he was expected to be better than he turned out, no?
Quote:So i was thinking in my head today on the way to work, the jags are absolutely terrible when it comes to trading up, at least in recent years.

Off the top of my head:

Gabbert

Harvey

Cox

Blackmon

Groves

Yeah, I hope we don't trade up. Ever, really. Blackmon IMO was worth it because it cost so little to move up, but that sort of deal is unlikely to happen again. 

Quote:We tried to trade up for Spicolli?

Haha, 

Who ordered the double cheese and sausage?....right here, dude!!!!
Dang i really thought someone would come on here with at least ONE good example i missed!  So sad.

I hate trading up, all the talk Gene Smith did about value he sure loved to trade away picks. That was always my biggest complaint about him until the bottom fell out.

Quote:You left off Rackley
Yup, geesh.  What an ugly list!
Why are we comparing Gene Smith to Dave Caldwell?

Quote:Why are we comparing Gene Smith to Dave Caldwell?
We aren't.  Huh?
This thread is wiggiddity wack. 

If the Jags are trading this year, it isn't going to be in the upward direction, at least early on in the draft. 

Off the top of my head:

Gabbert

Harvey

Cox

Blackmon

Groves

i kinda wish we were able to pull off the power move to get sean, but as you can see in walter mitty, that dude is pretty elusive. its no surprise to me that gene couldnt make that happen. cant trust a pseudo-intellectual to do anything. 
Quote:If the Jags are trading this year, it isn't going to be in the upward direction, at least early on in the draft. 
Maybe back to the late first round.
Quote:Maybe back to the late first round.

What if they some how end up with Mack and then trade back up for Bridgewater/Manziel whoever their guy is late in the 1st.
Quote:What if they some how end up with Mack and then trade back up for Bridgewater/Manziel whoever their guy is late in the 1st.
Schwiiiiiiing!!
While on the dating scene, my wife traded up and got me.  That was a good move.

Trading up is more than often not worth it.

Trading down is where it's at though...
Pages: 1 2