Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The "OA" on Neflix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm on episode two. Weird so far, but I'm intrigued. It reminds me a bit of the Leftovers on HBO with the dark feel and quirky narrative. 

Anyone else? 

As an aside, how good has Netflix gotten with their original content? Great, right?

Honestly, this is the first I've heard of it.

I usually put off my tv watchin' until the dead of winter. That way, I can get fat(ter) and watch TV!

Quote:Honestly, this is the first I've heard of it.

I usually put off my tv watchin' until the dead of winter. That way, I can get fat(ter) and watch TV!
Well, I'mma need you to watch it so we can discuss. Thank you
Quote:Well, I'mma need you to watch it so we can discuss. Thank you

I'm here for you Min. You know that.
Quote:I'm here for you Min. You know that.
I appreciate that.  :thumbsup:
We started warching it and stopped on episode two. I'm intrigued for sure but it didn't grab me instantly like Strange Things did.

That's probably because The OA didn't start off with an obscure Dungeons & Dragons reference either (Demogorgon).
It's next in the que.

Netflix is on a roll, they have more shows coming out than I can even keep listed in my list.
Quote:We started warching it and stopped on episode two. I'm intrigued for sure but it didn't grab me instantly like Strange Things did.

That's probably because The OA didn't start off with an obscure Dungeons & Dragons reference either (Demogorgon).
I get it. I nearly gave up in the first episode, but I soldiered on. No, it's not "Stranger things" intriguing, but intriguing none the less. Smile
Quote:It's next in the que.

Netflix is on a roll, they have more shows coming out than I can even keep listed in my list.
They've gotten really good at their original stuff, on par with HBO shows.
I was going to post this! I watched it in 2 days. Cold, nasty foul weather is perfect for binge watching a short series. It is not Stranger Things, it's a completely different kind of show IMO, but I liked it.

There are many theories I won't go into now since you haven't seen it all, but will be interesting to discuss later. Brit Marling (Prairie/OA) is a weird chick but she co-writes and stars in some interesting stuff.
Quote:I was going to post this! I watched it in 2 days. Cold, nasty foul weather is perfect for binge watching a short series. It is not Stranger Things, it's a completely different kind of show IMO, but I liked it.

There are many theories I won't go into now since you haven't seen it all, but will be interesting to discuss later. Brit Marling (Prairie/OA) is a weird chick but she co-writes and stars in some interesting stuff.
Finished it last night. WEIRD show but I liked it. 

The ending - Hmmmm.....I know it's cute and all to leave the ending to interpretation, but C'MON! Have you heard if they'll 'season 2' it?
Finished it last night.  I felt like I was getting trolled at the end.  I'm still not sure if I liked it or not.

Quote:Finished it last night. WEIRD show but I liked it. 

The ending - Hmmmm.....I know it's cute and all to leave the ending to interpretation, but C'MON! Have you heard if they'll 'season 2' it?
I haven't read anything about a second season yet. The ending was definitely a cliffhanger of sorts but I was expecting it. You can't have a show like that and not have some weird ending. 
Quote:Finished it last night.  I felt like I was getting trolled at the end.  I'm still not sure if I liked it or not.
Haha...yes that ending!

Quote:I haven't read anything about a second season yet. The ending was definitely a cliffhanger of sorts but I was expecting it. You can't have a show like that and not have some weird ending. 

So aparantly this is some new fangled genre "Weird Dramas", ala "The Leftovers", "Westworld" and even "Stranger Things" too. 

The OA was definitely weird. I liked it in that I was interested in knowing how it all ended and never felt bored (once I got past the first episode). Interesting premise with a goofy ending. Maybe it was left goofy to set up a season 2, but not sure that will materialize. 
Quote:Haha...yes that ending!

So aparantly this is some new fangled genre "Weird Dramas", ala "The Leftovers", "Westworld" and even "Stranger Things" too. 

The OA was definitely weird. I liked it in that I was interested in knowing how it all ended and never felt bored (once I got past the first episode). Interesting premise with a goofy ending. Maybe it was left goofy to set up a season 2, but not sure that will materialize. 

It was good that ending just ruined a lot of what it had built up for me.  Was like it lacked a deserving climax and threw some interpretive dance at you instead.
Quote:It was good that ending just ruined a lot of what it had built up for me.  Was like it lacked a deserving climax and threw some interpretive dance at you instead.
Yeah, I agree with that. The ending was a clever-ish way to get them to make an episode of "So you think you can dance" all at once. Odd for sure.
Haha I echo all your sentiments.

Can we talk spoilers in here?
Quote:Haha I echo all your sentiments.

Can we talk spoilers in here?
Sure!
Quote:Haha...yes that ending!

Yes, this is apparently a new genre. I couldn't get into the 2nd season of The Leftovers. If you tell me it's worth it I'll give it another go as we have the same taste in movies and TV.

Also, I just saw where Stranger Things S2 is be in July. !!! I just hope they don't screw it up.
Quote:Yes, this is apparently a new genre. I couldn't get into the 2nd season of The Leftovers. If you tell me it's worth it I'll give it another go as we have the same taste in movies and TV.

Also, I just saw where Stranger Things S2 is be in July. !!! I just hope they don't screw it up.

A new genre.  Uhh shows without climax.  HBO and Showtime and to some extent netflix have completely ruined a lot of scripted television for me.  like you said I really hope they don't screw up Stranger Things.  Not a whole lot to watch this time of year.
Pages: 1 2 3