Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rockville recovery complete.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Anyone else go to Welcome to Rockville? Man what a production. Two solid days of rock and partying. So many good bands.

Very well put together and ran with organization. Wonderful time, even as old as I am getting. :pinch:  Here is what you missed if you didnt make it.

http://www.welcometorockvillefestival.com/lineup.html

Lemme guess, 40 or so bands of "growling", yay! The Cult stood out like a sore thumb there. As did Alter Bridge, but I don't really like them anyway.

New metal sucks. 

Quote:Lemme guess, 40 or so bands of "growling", yay! The Cult stood out like a sore thumb there. 

New metal sucks
How typical of you. Thanks for your input, it adds so much.
I somehow didn't hear about this until Friday.  I would have liked to go see some of the main acts.

Quote:How typical of you. Thanks for your input, it adds so much.

Was I wrong? :unsure:

The talent lack is strong with a lot of these new metal "growling" garbage bands. 

Quote:How typical of you. Thanks for your input, it adds so much.

The bands on the main stage on Sunday were pretty good.  I'd like to see Korn live soon.
Quote:Was I wrong? :unsure:
Completely, as usual.
Quote:Was I wrong? :unsure:

The talent lack is strong with a lot of these new metal "growling" garbage bands. 
What metal bands are good?
Quote:What metal bands are good?
Five Finger Death Punch
Quote:Completely, as usual.

Oh, no growling?

Quote:What metal bands are good?

Ozzy/ Iron Maiden/ Megadeth/ Queensryche (ok not really metal)....

No growling there. 

The only growling type vocals that I would consider authentic, and that I like is Lemmy and Motorhead....and even his aren't the stupid sounding growling of today. 

Its all contrived now. They all do it now, because they assume its cool and no one has the stones to not do it, for fear of not appearing cool. 

Quote:Five Finger Death Punch

They're listenable at least. 
Quote:Five Finger Death Punch
They had a kinda awkward moment when they pulled this young kid on stage and was trying to get him to sing the lyrics  BMFB. You could tell that many were uncomfortable with it. They rocked hard though.
Quote:Oh, no growling?

Ozzy/ Iron Maiden/ Megadeth/ Queensryche (ok not really metal)....

No growling there. 

The only growling type vocals that I would consider authentic, and that I like is Lemmy and Motorhead....and even his aren't the stupid sounding growling of today. 

Its all contrived now. They all do it now, because they assume its cool and no one has the stones to not do it, for fear of not appearing cool. 
Dude. I asked about a specific show and if anyone went. Not your friggin opinion on music. You just can't help but to be an utter clown. Start another thread if you want to discuss your opinions on music.
Quote:They had a kinda awkward moment when they pulled this young kid on stage and was trying to get him to sing the lyrics  BMFB. You could tell that many were uncomfortable with it. They rocked hard though.
Sounds like a pretty solid show. Don't get much metal out here in PDX outside a couple of sketchy joints.
Quote:Dude. I asked about a specific show and if anyone went. Not your friggin opinion on music. You just can't help but to be an utter clown. Start another thread if you want to discuss your opinions on music.

I clicked onto the link and saw the bands, and commented an opinion on them. Grow some thicker skin. 

But,, then speaking of the above....

I'm guessing you thought The Cult were weak, right? (if you went the night they played)

Quote:Sounds like a pretty solid show. Don't get much metal out here in PDX outside a couple of sketchy joints.
Yeah, it doesn't get much better if you like metal. Zombie blew it up, Korn....well their Korn so you know that rocked. Chevelle and Hell Yeah also stood out.
Quote:Yeah, it doesn't get much better if you like metal. Zombie blew it up, Korn....well their Korn so you know that rocked. Chevelle and Hell Yeah also stood out.

Zombie's 'aight. 

Chevelle ain't bad either. I must have missed them listed. 
Quote:I clicked onto the link and saw the bands, and commented an opinion on them. Grow some thicker skin. 

But,, then speaking of the above....

I'm guessing you thought The Cult were weak, right? (if you went the night they played)
Wrong again. I thought the Cult sounded supreme. It was the first time I had been able to see them live and thoroughly enjoyed them. Man you need to realize that your way of thinking is not the norm. I would venture to guess I am older than you are. I'm just not stuck in some fantasy !980's land.
Quote:Wrong again. I thought the Cult sounded supreme. It was the first time I had been able to see them live and thoroughly enjoyed them. Man you need to realize that your way of thinking is not the norm. I would venture to guess I am older than you are. I'm just not stuck in some fantasy !980's land.

Well, thats refreshing to hear. I expected you to bash the Cult because they don't growl like the rest of them. 

I am assuming they did FireWoman, & Sanctuary right? How about Coming Down?

(oh and btw/ the 90's were just as good! :yes: at least for most....AIC/ Nirvana/ STP/ etc etc. 

Quote:Wrong again. I thought the Cult sounded supreme. It was the first time I had been able to see them live and thoroughly enjoyed them. Man you need to realize that your way of thinking is not the norm. I would venture to guess I am older than you are. I'm just not stuck in some fantasy !980's land.

Hey hey hey hey hey.. What did 80's fantasy land ever do to you? I'm there often.. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5