Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Am I the only one that doesn't "fear" the clots?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Call me crazy but when listening to breakdowns of the schedule, I hear folk just surrendering the 2 games we have against them away.

They're not a powerhouse.

What gives?

Not only that but, in our 4 match ups against Andrew Luck, he's had 17 potential interceptions dropped.

Not deflections.

2 hands on the ball but can't bring it kind of drops.

Just thinking out loud...
Quote:Call me crazy but when listening to breakdowns of the schedule, I hear folk just surrendering the 2 games we have against them away.

What gives?

Not only that but, in our 4 match ups against Andrew Luck, he's had 17 potential interceptions dropped.

Not deflections.

They aren't even that good.

I get called a troll because I have an assumption that a team who traded a 1st round pick for a running back isn't run by a very smart front office.

Andrew Luck is average. T.Y. Hilton will be a jag killer for years to come, though. Believe that.
I think the colts are still living off of the glory days.  They aren't the overwhelming juggernaut they were with Manning.  They've been able to take advantage of a weak AFC South in recent years.  Luck is a good QB, but he's not Peyton Manning.  He can be rattled, and they can be beaten.

They're a good enough team to win in a weak division.  Houston had a golden opportunity last year to overtake them, and they fell on their face.  If the Jags can continue to build a defense that is designed to affect the QB, and we manage to put an offense together that can score points, I think they can expose the holes in the colts facade. 

More whistling past the graveyard. 

The Jaguars aren't going to be favored over any team probably, much less the team that won the division the past year.

You can try and talk yourself past the Colts, but you'll have to do the same re the Texans and Titans as well. Well, against everyone, really.

Until the Jaguars start winning.

The clots aren't making moves to become an "elite" organization. They depend on the QB position to much and never seem to put the talent around them to get them to the next level. Seems like they somewhat try to model themselves after the Pats, but they don't have the coaching power to make it happen.

Having said that, no, I don't "fear" the clots.

Do I think the Colts are a juggernaut?

No.

But they do have a good team.

I think Luck is better than average. Right now, Luck is a good QB, and if the Colts can get him some more weapons and better blocking, he can do some really good things for the Colts.

Hilton is a good #2 WR at best, but I think he needs another WR-a bigger one- opposite him.  I have sold Reggie Wayne short before, but with him being in his 30s and coming off of a major injury, his time is limited.  Hakeem Nicks will help them.

I'm not sold on the Colts' OL at all. 

Defensively, they may spin their wheels for another year.

I think if we can get the OL straight and get a dominant pass rusher, we may be able to get a split with them.

Until the rest of the AFC South has a QB, the Colts are going to be the top AFC South team.

Quote:Until the rest of the AFC South has a QB, the Colts are going to be the top AFC South team.
Agreed.
And the obsession continues...
....in a forum designed to discuss the division...

Quote:Call me crazy but when listening to breakdowns of the schedule, I hear folk just surrendering the 2 games we have against them away.

What gives?

Not deflections.

HAHAHAHAHA. Hilarious. Grasping at straws there

You do realize, in the 3 of 4 matches against you guys we destroyed you, right? Not even a close game. At all.

Now, not saying that means we'll sweep you (although I do think we will), but you guys haven't shown you can beat Luck outside of his 3rd start as an NFL pro. Or even given him a challenge, really.
Quote:....in a forum designed to discuss the division...

It's Colts Colts Colts Colts.

Texans every now and then & Titans are mostly forgotten. This forum is obsessed with the Colts.
Quote:HAHAHAHAHA. Hilarious. Grasping at straws there

You do realize, in the 3 of 4 matches against you guys we destroyed you, right? Not even a close game. At all.

Now, not saying that means we'll sweep you (although I do think we will), but you guys haven't shown you can beat Luck outside of his 3rd start as an NFL pro. Or even given him a challenge, really.

You do realize we're still in building mode, right?  I mean we haven't even drafted a starting QB yet.  You guys didn't look like you could beat Freaking Gabbert for a while there.
I don't fear the Colts or anyone for that matter. Just beat em. It's not that hard. Just play good football.
They're getting old and their younger additions aren't cause for concern. If they had Peyton + whatever king's ransom for Luck then I wouldn't be thinking we can split them this season.

Quote:You do realize we're still in building mode, right?  I mean we haven't even drafted a starting QB yet.  You guys didn't look like you could beat Freaking Gabbert for a while there.

Ha. Funny you mention you were in "building mode" and then you state that we couldn't "beat Gabbert for a while there"... You do realize when we "couldn't be Gabbert for a while there" it was in 2011... when the Colts were in building mode.
Quote:I don't fear the Colts or anyone for that matter. Just beat em. It's not that hard. Just play good football.

Amen.

The only time I consider them is the week before the Indy game. Other than that, they're just another team.
Quote:Ha. Funny you mention you were in "building mode" and then you state that we couldn't "beat Gabbert for a while there"... You do realize when we "couldn't be Gabbert for a while there" it was in 2011... when the Colts were in building mode.

...and the point goes right over your head.
Considering Gabbert has beaten luck once....

I don't fear them in the least. I'm not really afraid of any of the teams in our division.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7