Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com takes a dig at the "London Jaguars"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Terrible journalism. It will never end because people are sheep.

The actual comment was probably from some entry level (maybe not for long) desk jockey. The NFL removed it and apologized.

Someone stuck it in the grinder and the NFL flipped the switch.

HeadSlap

Quote:The actual comment was probably from some entry level (maybe not for long) desk jockey. The NFL removed it and apologized.
Where did they apologize?
It's ridiculous that the league would allow something like that to get out there.

Quote:Where did they apologize?

Twitter.

@nflprguy
Quote:Twitter.

@nflprguy

I'm not quite sure I'd categorize this as an apology:

Quote:<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/NFLprguy'>@<b>NFLprguy</b></a>: <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/BoldCityCap'>@<b>BoldCityCap</b></a> i agree with you. spoke to <a class="" href='http://t.co/CVV4FOqwJ9' title="http://nfl.com">http://nfl.com<span> </span></a> and they will make a change
Smh... Sad thing is its casual fans in jacksonville that think we play more then one game in london a year.

Its us against the world. No joke.
Quote:Its us against the world. No joke.

and don't think its without Goodell's consent....

He loves this. It helps his agenda. 
Quote:and don't think its without Goodell's consent....

He loves this. It helps his agenda. 
Yes, the commissioner of the league is intentionally undermining one of 32 NFL franchises.  It's a grand conspiracy.  Go find your tinfoil hat.
This is like lord of the rings. We are in Helm's deep facing a seemingly undefeatable foe.

But we will never surrender. We will fight.
[Image: hand-of-conspiracy2.jpg]

Quote:Yes, the commissioner of the league is intentionally undermining one of 32 NFL franchises.  It's a grand conspiracy.  Go find your tinfoil hat.

When he's made no secret of wanting a team in LA or London?? Yes, the commissioner would lose zero sleep over undermining the Jaguars chances of succeeding while in Jacksonville. The quicker for him to ultimately get what he really wants. 

Quote:When he's made no secret of wanting a team in LA or London?? Yes, the commissioner would lose zero sleep over undermining the Jaguars chances of succeeding while in Jacksonville. The quicker for him to ultimately get what he really wants. 

In order for it to be a conspiracy, he'd need to be in cahoots with the owner. 

He's not in cahoots with Khan, and he's not the guy writing the schedules.  It's not some grand conspiracy against the Jaguars.  It's a simple fact that this is how a team that hasn't had much success in recent years that resides in one of the smallest media markets in the league is handled.    Until we're able to start winning consistently, this is how the team is going to be treated. 
Crap like this needs to be discussed at a level much higher than twitter and message boards. This needs to be addressed by Mr. Lamping and Mr. Khan at the league meetings and with (God)ell.

Now I know some of you are of the opinion that it shouldn't bother us or does not really mean anything but I'll argue otherwise. For years this has been happening and there is no doubt in my mind that it has had serious consequences on the perception of our team, nationally and locally. sometimes it stems from our own local media as well. With the knowledge that perception can quickly become reality  this incessant dogging of our team must stop.

I implore all Jags fans that can,in a business like manner, to fight these wrong and uninformed folks when they see this stuff. Social media is a powerful tool when utilized correctly. Let them hear you.

Don't take my above opinion to mean that all I want to see is a rosy outlook, just the informed truth will do, whether or not that truth be flattering or negative.

Quote:When he's made no secret of wanting a team in LA or London?? Yes, the commissioner would lose zero sleep over undermining the Jaguars chances of succeeding while in Jacksonville. The quicker for him to ultimately get what he really wants. 
Don't you think you have incited enough unrest for the day...

There is ZERO credibility in the above statement.

Why don't you come back over to the "Mack" thread and justify you stand.

HeadSlap
Quote:Crap like this needs to be discussed at a level much higher than twitter and message boards. This needs to be addressed by Mr. Lamping and Mr. Khan at the league meetings and with (God)ell.

Now I know some of you are of the opinion that it shouldn't bother us or does not really mean anything but I'll argue otherwise. For years this has been happening and there is no doubt in my mind that it has had serious consequences on the perception of our team, nationally and locally. sometimes it stems from our own local media as well. With the knowledge that perception can quickly become reality  this incessant dogging of our team must stop.

I implore all Jags fans that can,in a business like manner, to fight these wrong and uninformed folks when they see this stuff. Social media is a powerful tool when utilized correctly. Let them here you.

Don't take my above opinion to mean that all I want to see is a rosy outlook, just the informed truth will do, whether or not that truth be flattering or negative.

I agree that this is a conversation that needs to happen at a higher level.  If the intention of the Jaguars is to remain in Jacksonville, a simple discussion with the league clarifying their plans should be adequate. 
Quote:Don't you think you have incited enough unrest for the day...

There is ZERO credibility in the above statement.

Why don't you come back over to the "Mack" thread and justify you stand.

HeadSlap

The post that you quoted is my opinion/ how I see whats going on. 

You think whatever you wish. I'm allowed my opinion on whats going on. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7