Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why have we not heard anything about Blackmon yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Brandon Browner was in a similar situation and they anounced his ordeal the day FA opened up, what gives?

What exactly are you expecting to hear?  The team has no contact with him.  Are they supposed to announce that on a weekly basis?

Until he petitions the league for reinstatement, and that request is granted, we're not going to hear anything unless he gets in front of a camera or talks to the media.

Quote:What exactly are you expecting to hear?  The team has no contact with him.  Are they supposed to announce that on a weekly basis?

Until he petitions the league for reinstatement, and that request is granted, we're not going to hear anything unless he gets in front of a camera or talks to the media.

Yes, but I would think some enterprising reporter could do a tiny bit of investigation and find out if he's coming home drunk every night, or buying loads of liquor at some local liquor store.   I know the team is not supposed to contact him, but it's like the local journalists have taken the same pledge! 
I needs to know....
He's suspended indefinitely.  I think the fact that we haven't heard anything about him is a good thing.  Keeping himself out of the spotlight.  Hopefully he can keep it up and get reinstated for next season.

Quote:Yes, but I would think some enterprising reporter could do a tiny bit of investigation and find out if he's coming home drunk every night, or buying loads of liquor at some local liquor store.   I know the team is not supposed to contact him, but it's like the local journalists have taken the same pledge! 

You might want to do a little bit of investigating of your own on HIPAA laws. 

Suggesting some reporter should stalk him in some gotcha move is just ridiculous.  Sorry, but if you're sitting on the edge of your seat hoping for that to happen, you need a hobby.

We'll know what's going on with Blackmon when there's something to know one way or the other. 
Quote:Yes, but I would think some enterprising reporter could do a tiny bit of investigation and find out if he's coming home drunk every night, or buying loads of liquor at some local liquor store.   I know the team is not supposed to contact him, but it's like the local journalists have taken the same pledge! 

Like Paparazzi? Is this TMZ? Come on man.
Is there any reason to think his suspension will not be for the 1 year period it was originally stated?

Creeeeeeepyyyyyyyyyy
Quote:You might want to do a little bit of investigating of your own on HIPAA laws. 

Suggesting some reporter should stalk him in some gotcha move is just ridiculous.  Sorry, but if you're sitting on the edge of your seat hoping for that to happen, you need a hobby.

We'll know what's going on with Blackmon when there's something to know one way or the other. 

Oh, come on.  Reporters do that all the time.  
Loads of people keep asking the same question about Blackmon, but when I suggest that someone could easily go find out the answer, people start flipping out on me. 

He was in the local news a week or two ago.  As I remember, he had a one car traffic accident in the wee hours of the morning.

Quote:Loads of people keep asking the same question about Blackmon, but when I suggest that someone could easily go find out the answer, people start flipping out on me. 

C'mon Marty. There's "finding out answers" and then following the guy around to see if he's drinking. There's a pretty clear difference between those two things, don't ya think?
Quote:He was in the local news a week or two ago.  As I remember, he had a one car traffic accident in the wee hours of the morning.
After which he was instantly judged to be incorrigble, despite authorities indicating alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
Quote:C'mon Marty. There's "finding out answers" and then following the guy around to see if he's drinking. There's a pretty clear difference between those two things, don't ya think?

I'm amazed that we don't know the answer to how the guy is doing.  I know the team took a pledge, but we didn't ALL take a pledge.  
The guy has certainly made questionable decisions throughout his time in football, pro and college, but wasting a news reporter's time and a station GM's money stalking Blackmon would just be silly. We'll hear more about Blackmon in due time, likely before the draft imo. Obviously, if the Jaguars draft Watkins at three overall, it's not a good sign for Blackmon's reinstatement prospects.
People need to relax about Blackmon. His suspension was NOT similar to Browner's so I wish people would stop saying that. 

All we know is that Blackmon can petition to be reinstated at some point prior to week 1. I don't anticipate hearing much out of this case until perhaps July, prior to camp. 

Quote:People need to relax about Blackmon. His suspension was NOT similar to Browner's so I wish people would stop saying that. 
Amazingly enough, I agree with you. There's a big difference between "moron keeps breaking the substance abuse policy" and "guy has failed drug test from a time when he was not employed held against him".
There's also been some activity on Twitter showing him out partying.  At least on one Saturday.

Good he needs to ninja vanish until camps start. Dont wanna hear a sinlge peep unless its:

"OTA's open today and Justin Blackmon of the Jaguars arrived at the everbank practice field 30 mins before scheduled start time giving autographs and bantering with he fans . Team sources indicate he has met with Roger Goodell earlier this week and begun his reinstatement process. Blackmon's agent has stated they are very optimistic about the reinstatement process and says his client is doing everything possible to report for team activities and be ready by the start of training camp."
Pages: 1 2