Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Awful Helmets-Just Because Topic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Now that Gus is gone, can he take this absolutely pitiful helmets with him?  Man they grate on my nerves more and more and even winning isn't fixing this awful design.

Ive actually come to like them, maybe fade the gold into the black a little more properly but otherwise they pop imo.

I think our uniform is the lesser part of the entire thing tbh. Theyre just okay but they could be way better.
If we were winning they would be the beat thing ever
Khan is the guy that has to be convinced...  I have heard he hates Teal so you can forget about that color coming back again as a main color of the team.  Those helmets are mocked league wide..  They don't bother me..  It's just the players wearing them that bother me..  

Quote:Khan is the guy that has to be convinced... I have heard he hates Teal so you can forget about that color coming back again as a main color of the team. Those helmets are mocked league wide.. They don't bother me.. It's just the players wearing them that bother me..

The league oversees uniform policy. Jags are due a change in a year or so. 2018 if I recall, considering this current gem was installed in 2013. So we may be blessed with le helmets another year...
I like the receding hairline helmets.  It perfectly embodies what the Jaguars are all about.  Come up with a story about a Jaguar sneaking up on it's prey (or something), but in reality the designer either ran out of paint, or fell asleep before the helmet got finished.  Anyway, I like the helmets.

The helmets are so bad
Quote:The league oversees uniform policy. Jags are due a change in a year or so. 2018 if I recall, considering this current gem was installed in 2013. So we may be blessed with the helmets another year...

I would be shocked if Shad Khan wanted to consider a second uniform change only five years after he spent a year working with Nike to design what we have now. Teams can change uniforms every five years, but rarely do.
I dislike our uniforms very much. They don't have an aesthetic appeal to them. Very odd color scheme and color cut off points. A solid color with some abstract accents would look cool.
He spends exponentially more on fixtures upgrade, both in planning time and financially. New rags after 5 years is not even a decimal point in his books, or in terms of effort required.
I want a more simplistic uniform like the Patriots or Giants. They just look like an Arena league, Nike sponsored, Oregon Ducks hybrid. Our all white uniform would be clean as hell with a solid black helmet, teal numbers are fine - maybe a different font. As for our primary, that needs a complete makeover. Teal and gold need to be the main colors, not black, that's just boring. Think UCLA, but with a lighter gold and our alternate teal.

I think we should go Gray. Gray is not a prominent color in the NFL. Black and White are so overused. Above all else we must get rid of the mustard jerseys and I don't like the White tops with black pants. Should b opposite
The clothes make the man.

Ours make the men clowns.
Quote:I think we should go Gray. Gray is not a prominent color in the NFL. Black and White are so overused. Above all else we must get rid of the mustard jerseys and I don't like the White tops with black pants. Should b opposite

We are dull enough as a franchise. Gray...

Wink
I like all 3 of our uniforms (yes, even the gold ones).

However, I don't think I've really noticed the helmets when the game is being played.. I'm normally concentrating on the game itself.. so when it comes to the helmets.... whatever...

Will we ever use the teal jerseys and pants?

Quote:Now that Gus is gone, can he take this absolutely pitiful helmets with him?  Man they grate on my nerves more and more and even winning isn't fixing this awful design.

Amen. When we first entered the league, I loved our uniforms. Since we changed them, they disgust me. There's just too much going on in them. The helmet looks like someone started painting it and stopped halfway through. Don't get me started on those God awful mustard yellow uniforms either. They make me wanna puke.
Helmets need to be fired next
Quote:Now that Gus is gone, can he take this absolutely pitiful helmets with him? Man they grate on my nerves more and more and even winning isn't fixing this awful design.

Winning? When?

I agree, I miss the old unis. Like the new logo, but not these new unis.
We could have the Cowboys uniforms and they'd probably look hideous going 14-48 over the past 4 seasons.

Pages: 1 2 3