Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The best move Caldwell has made this offseaon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I choose the Gabbert trade.  I cannot believe Caldwell pulled off a trade for Blaine Gabbert.  The man is a miracle worker.

miracle worker?? over getting a 6th round pick in exchange for a 24 year old former top 10 pick?? yawn....

Then I guess that Minnesota GM was also a miracle worker a few years ago that managed to swipe a 6th rounder from us for WR Troy Williamson. 

Pretty much the same thing. 

There will always be a GM willing to gamble low-risk on a former high draft choice that failed in his first stop. 

Quote:miracle worker?? over getting a 6th round pick in exchange for a 24 year old former top 10 pick?? yawn....

Then I guess that Minnesota GM was also a miracle worker a few years ago that managed to swipe a 6th rounder from us for WR Troy Williamson. 

There will always be a GM willing to gamble low-risk on a former high draft choice that failed in his first stop. 
He just dumped off the worst QB in NFL history with a bigger contract than their star QB and got something in return..

However he would have been gone either way, i'ma say signing Gerhart/Clemons were the best moves. 
I don't think we've had enough moves to really evaluate this offseason. The moves made so far could look better or worse depending on what happens in the draft.
Quote:He just dumped off the worst QB in NFL history with a bigger contract than their star QB and got something in return..

However he would have been gone either way, i'ma say signing Gerhart/Clemons were the best moves. 

Gabbert is not the worst QB in NFL history, believe it or not. 

guys like Heath Shuler, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, amongst many others.....were just as bad if not worse. You only think Gabbert is the worst because its the only frame of reference point you have, and he's the QB freshest in your mind. 

As said, he's 24 and was a top 10 pick. There will ALWAYS, repeat ALWAYS be some GM willing and EAGER to give a guy like that a second chance.  

Wouldn't call it a miracle. I bet Gabbert would pan out somewhere else. Knowing the 49ers, Kaep will get hurt and Gabbert will shine under Harbaugh lol..

Quote:Gabbert is not the worst QB in NFL history, believe it or not. 

guys like Heath Shuler, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, amongst many others.....were just as bad if not worse. You only think Gabbert is the worst because its the only frame of reference point you have, and he's the QB freshest in your mind. 

As said, he's 24 and was a top 10 pick. There will ALWAYS, repeat ALWAYS be some GM willing and EAGER to give a guy like that a second chance.  
Which could have been done once he was cut.
Quote:Wouldn't call it a miracle. I bet Gabbert would pan out somewhere else. Knowing the 49ers, Kaep will get hurt and Gabbert will shine under Harbaugh lol..
I honestly feel like Gabs may beat out Kaep.
I will say bringing in the Seattle guys.

Besides providing a short term boost on the field, I feel like they'll bring some leadership qualities that the team may have been lacking for the last season or two. As well as providing the other players with an example of exactly what Bradley wants out of his players.
Quote:miracle worker?? over getting a 6th round pick in exchange for a 24 year old former top 10 pick?? yawn....

Gabbert is not your ordinary 24 year old top 10 prospect as you imply.  He is a top 10 pick that has been a tremendous failure his fault or otherwise.  His career has been a mess
Quote:Gabbert is not your ordinary 24 year old top 10 prospect as you imply. He is a top 10 pick that has been a tremendous failure his fault or otherwise. His career has been a mess

He's been a tremendous failure because how we used him. That potential we drafted him for is still there and he is still young, I for one hope he pans out because he was a model professional here, never complaining here what so ever, even when we threw him in 1 (maybe 2) years earlier with a complete an utter weetabix oline!
Quote:I choose the Gabbert trade.  I cannot believe Caldwell pulled off a trade for Blaine Gabbert.  The man is a miracle worker.
Bruh, the man is freakin gone and you're still talking about him? Let it go my friend because he can't no longer haunt you and now we have to deal with another year of chad henne. 
Quote:Which could have been done once he was cut.
There may have been other interest in him. Gabbert has all the tools and he did beat Henne out in camp. Besides the 49ers have a pretty good front office so I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt lol. Now if we got like a 4th for him or something I would say we got away with robbery lol

OT: I'd say none of his moves really stood out as the "best" out as they were all very solid. If he had gotten Thurmond I think that would have been amazing.

We won't know until the season is over.
Why are Jags fans still thinking about Gabbert? He's gone, it didn't work out so well here get over it. No one can doubt he has some talent.

The best move in my books is the signings of Bryant/Clemons/Watson/Hood/Gerhart etc.  Draft is going to be the icing on the cake.

I don't care if the was picked #1 when your afraid to stand in the pocket in the face of pressure your chances of becoming a successful NFL quarterback is zero! Mad dog ,It seems that if you did not approve a hiring you spend most of your time trying to discredit any moves that GM makes. Yawn!

Jaguarmvp I am sure most of the posters on this board would agree that no one could have imagined that Caldwell would find a team willing to trade anything to acquire Gabbert!  Garhart to me may just turn out to be the best long term pickup, Clemons is  going to be an immediate impact on defense.

Quote:Why are Jags fans still thinking about Gabbert? He's gone, it didn't work out so well here get over it. No one can doubt he has some talent.

The best move in my books is the signings of Bryant/Clemons/Watson/Hood/Gerhart etc. Draft is going to be the icing on the cake.

This and what TMD said. Gabbert is still young with skill sets needed to play the position. A lot of NFL coaches would be willing to take a crack at him. Now back to topic. Our Dline signings are the best to me. Bryant, Clemons & Hood.
Wow, this thread has set a world record for fastest derailment.  

Back to the original topic.   I agree with tlb80985055.   The best move so far this offseason is bringing in the Seattle guys, not only for their play on the field and knowledge of the defensive system, but also their leadership.  

Red Bryant. I love what he brings on and off the field. This team could use a lot of help in stopping the run and a strong leader in the lockerroom as well.
Why do the moves have to be evaluated now?  It makes no sense.

Pages: 1 2 3 4