Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Romo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Probably a 1/1000000000 chance of romo even being shopped by dallas, but would you bring him in if dallas asks for a 1st with nothing really promising in this years draft?

No
Not a 1st, but I'd bring him in
Quote:Probably a 1/1000000000 chance of romo even being shopped by dallas, but would you bring him in if dallas asks for a 1st with nothing really promising in this years draft?
For a 1st? No way
Honestly, yes, it intrigues me, but he 1. Will go to a contender and 2. Wouldn't be able to stay healthy with out offensive line. 

Our best bet is to role with Bortles next season and hopefully a fresh coaching staff can get him back to his level of play of last year. At the same time, draft a QB, but not just some backup. Draft a QB that will bring true competition to Bortles. 

Cowboy's will be lucky to get a 5th for Rome.
No.
A 1st for a 37 year old QB?

Who in the absolute hell would want to spend a top 5 pick on a 37 year old QB who has been injury plagued for the past several years and at this point looks like Mr. Glass? 

You might want him but no way in the world is he coming here.

He's got Houston and Denver on his mind.
This again? please delete

Hello friend, my names GlockBortles manager of the Tony Romoville Club. I made a strong thesis on this topic in the NFL section if youd like some further reading thats essential imo

All are welcome to the fan club for the best available QB for our jacksonville jaguars that our front office wont acquire. We can watch our franchise not make the right decision together, come one come all.
I think there will be teams that think if Peyton can do it romo can. But his injury history is what concerns me the most. As for the draft pick I know its high but there is still what 25 serviceable or better qbs in the league and Romo is certainly above serviceable so they are going to ask for a high draft pick, most likely a first.

No. He's old and fragile and he can't stay healthy.

Quote:I think there will be teams that think if Peyton can do it romo can. But his injury history is what concerns me the most. As for the draft pick I know its high but there is still what 25 serviceable or better qbs in the league and Romo is certainly above serviceable so they are going to ask for a high draft pick, most likely a first.

Peyton wasn't made of glass and accomplished infinitely more than Romo could dream of.

Those teams who expect that out of Romo had Gus-level guys running the helm.
NOPE

Romo + Jags 0-Line = Doom
I want him here bad. He would do good things. Oline pass protection hasnt been that bad.
Quote:Peyton wasn't made of glass and accomplished infinitely more than Romo could dream of.

Those teams who expect that out of Romo had Gus-level guys running the helm.
Peyton was coming off having multiple neck surgeries so lets not act like its not an extremely similar scenario and a totally fair comparison.
Quote:I want him here bad. He would do good things. Oline pass protection hasnt been that bad.
everyone keeps talking about improving the o-line in the offseason for bortles, but the minute Romo is brought up and suddenly the o-line is going to be exactly the same as it is right now with no new additions or improvements.
Quote:Peyton was coming off having multiple neck surgeries so lets not act like its not an extremely similar scenario and a totally fair comparison.

Peyton missed A season.

Romo has been injured REPEATEDLY.

He survived exactly 3 preseason snaps before being injured this season.

He was broken TWICE last season.

The guy is made of glass. It's his MO. That, and losing in December/Jan.

No to Romo. Plain and simple.
Pages: 1 2