Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Re-sign Uche?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If his price was a couple million less per, would you bring him back as a stop gap?
I thought he WAS a stop gap. I think Caldwell wants to stop the gap at RG though.

why??? 

He's not a good fit for the system we want to run. 
He's a guy you call if you have some last minute injuries in training camp if he still hasn't been signed by anyone.

The reason you let him go is because you want to move on to something better.  I think Dave is confident we're getting some help in the draft..  I think it could be one of those Notre Dame players that start at RG.  

Quote:why??? 

He's not a good fit for the system we want to run. 

With Henne, Gerhart, Lewis, Ace, and Cecil  .... I think he'd fit in good with our 3 and out system
Quote:He's a guy you call if you have some last minute injuries in training camp if he still hasn't been signed by anyone.
This, but I don't think he'll be around. At the rate third-tier players are falling off the market right now, he'll have a one-year deal from someone before the draft.
I think Bradfield will be the starter at RG

He has always been average at best

Quote:He has always been average at best
Before his injuries, he was better. The injuries were his demise. It was much like Manuwai, but scaled down. He never played that good,
Nah. Time to move on.

Does he own a tractor?

Quote:If his price was a couple million less per, would you bring him back as a stop gap?
I dont know about the behind the scenes stuff, but the impression is that he has a great work ethic and is always willing to help out his franchise.

That being said his skill set is below most starters in the NFL.  He is a depth player at best but if he was cheap and healthy I dont see why not.
He's not a good fit in the ZBS.

Quote:With Henne, Gerhart, Lewis, Ace, and Cecil  .... I think he'd fit in good with our 3 and out system

Laughing Laughing 

Quote:Before his injuries, he was better. The injuries were his demise. It was much like Manuwai, but scaled down. He never played that good,

Much scaled down. Manuwai at one point for a season or 2 was close to or might have even been pro bowl level. Uche, notsomuch. 
out with the old and in with the new

If, for some reason, they don't get a guard out of the draft, I could see a re-signing on the cheap.  However, I have faith that Caldwell will grab one in the draft. 

Edit:  After second thought, I don't see him being re-signed in any situation. 

Quote:out with the old and in with the new

I see we have many new students, but as the old saying goes out with the old in with the nucleus
He was visiting the Tacks...God I hope THEY sign him.

There's no way they re-sign him. Once you move on, move on. There's a reason you cut the guy. Go find someone who does not have those 'reasons'.

There is zero upside to re-signing Uche, even if it's for depth.  I'm sure they've got a plan.  He's not part of it.

Pages: 1 2 3