Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars Lazy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Espn stated that the Jaguars are lazy and players sign contracts there just to get a paycheck they dont care how well or bad they perform. Hmmmm Free agents  I see why they wanted to sign with us. They consider the team as a vacation spot.

What in the...

Quote:ESPN
 stated that the Jaguars are A lazy Team and players sign contracts there just to get a paycheck they dont care how well or bad they perform. Hmmmm Free agents  I see why they wanted to sign with us. They consider the team as a vacation spot.

....theres your problem. 
Who Doug
Huh?
And ESPN is a lazy organization.
The only lazy thing I'm seeing is this thread. Who specifically stated that would be a nice addition to the topic, not just espn. Oh, and by the way, screw espn and the clown that professed such a thing.

Quote:And ESPN is a lazy organization.

ironic, isn't it? 
AFAIK, our biggest contracts are Poz and Lewis. Poz has been a stud, and Lewis tries...he's just bad.
Quote:And ESPN is a lazy organization.
This
Quote:Espn stated that the Jaguars are lazy and players sign contracts there just to get a paycheck they dont care how well or bad they perform. Hmmmm Free agents I see why they wanted to sign with us. They consider the team as a vacation spot.

Link?
We haven't seen any lazy free agents sign under the current regime.  ESPN needs to get beyond 2004 with their reporting.

Quote:Espn stated that the Jaguars are lazy and players sign contracts there just to get a paycheck they dont care how well or bad they perform. Hmmmm Free agents  I see why they wanted to sign with us. They consider the team as a vacation spot.
Who actually said it on espn and what show it was said on because the only think of is when we signed people like hugh douglas, aaron ross, jerry porter, drayton florence in the past and they all admitted to a man that playing for this team was more of a vacation to them by just collecting another check than a desirable free agent destination.
Can I wait until after I finish my lunch to feed the troll and/or get table flipping angry about this?

Quote:We haven't seen any lazy free agents sign under the current regime. ESPN needs to get beyond 2004 with their reporting.

Not current regime but Aaron Ross was a recent player to admit to this.
Quote:Not current regime but Aaron Ross was a recent player to admit to this.
So a terrible corner comes out against his former team? Didn't Talib and Spikes talk smack about the Patriots organization? Who cares...
Quote:Not current regime but Aaron Ross was a recent player to admit to this.
But, as you pointed out, it's not the current regime, so if ESPN is using that as their guide, this is just another example of lazy journalism on their part.  It's the same thing as reporting Jacksonville as one of the potential candidates for relocation based on ticket sales from 4 years ago.  They do nothing to research issues because it's a small market franchise.  They just assume nothing has changed.

Honestly, I think the OP was simply trolling. 

Quote:So a terrible corner comes out against his former team? Didn't Talib and Spikes talk smack about the Patriots organization? Who cares...

Oh I totally agree, I'm not trying to defend espn.
ESPN considers Skip Bayless and Merrill Hoge to be well respected commentators. Do you really care if they report fallacies about this franchise? They have proven time and time again how little they know about what goes on in the 904. Screw 'em.
Quote:But, as you pointed out, it's not the current regime, so if ESPN is using that as their guide, this is just another example of lazy journalism on their part. It's the same thing as reporting Jacksonville as one of the potential candidates for relocation based on ticket sales from 4 years ago. They do nothing to research issues because it's a small market franchise. They just assume nothing has changed.

Agreed. It's annoying to see a guy like Ross fail miserably and then make a joke out of it for attention and see "journalists" pick it up as a "story." I'm not one to care much about what the media says but Ross grinded my gears a bit.
Pages: 1 2 3