Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Houston / Oakland trade deal in the works for Matt Schaub
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I can't say I understand what Oakland is doing this offseason.

Letting two of their best, young players walk in free agency. And then go out and sign/trade for guys over 30.

Alright, so this pretty much means that Houston will go QB with the first pick, if they don't trade out... I mean, I'm not sure how all excited I'd be to see my three QB's be Fitzpatrick, Keenum, and Yates.
Quote:Alright, so this pretty much means that Houston will go QB with the first pick, if they don't trade out... I mean, I'm not sure how all excited I'd be to see my three QB's be Fitzpatrick, Keenum, and Yates.
Maybe they plan on picking up Teddy in the second rd.
Quote:Maybe they plan on picking up Teddy in the second rd.

trollolin' ^^^

I mean, it has to be...

Its such a stupid assertion it just has to be trolling. 

Bridgewater has ZERO shot to fall to the 2nd round. 

lol @ them trading for Mallet and a 2nd round pick as some of you guys were convinced they would do.

Quote:lol @ them trading for Mallet and a 2nd round pick as some of you guys were convinced they would do.

Mallett > Schaub

They still might do that deal. 
Quote:It looks like Oakland is going to pick up Schaub and his significant cap hit for a late round draft pick.

Oakland is stupid. If they want Schaub that bad they should just wait it out, and he'll likely be released. Call the Texans bluff and force their hand. 
Quote:Mallett > Schaub

They still might do that deal. 

No, Mallet is not > Schaub.

No way Mallet is worth a 2nd rounder, sorry.  

I think this was a good trade for Oakland.  Stop gap decent starter for a low round pick, while they wait and draft their franchise QB.

Better than giving up a 2nd rounder for Mallet, for instance.

Quote:Oakland is stupid. If they want Schaub that bad they should just wait it out, and he'll likely be released. Call the Texans bluff and force their hand. 

Schaub probably wouldn't have signed for Oakland so maybe that's why they did it.
Quote:Schaub probably wouldn't have signed for Oakland so maybe that's why they did it.

By the time the Texans would have been forced to release him, its not like Schaub would have had many choices. Oakland could have simply outbid other teams and would have landed him, and at a cheaper price than he's going to cost now, and saved a draft pick. 

It was just typical good team/ good GM/ picking on incompetent team/ GM. 
Quote:By the time the Texans would have been forced to release him, its not like Schaub would have had many choices. Oakland could have simply outbid other teams and would have landed him, and at a cheaper price than he's going to cost now, and saved a draft pick. 

LOL, good team with worse record than incompetent team?
Quote: 

Kind of like the Jags dropping Gabbert to the Niners?  You calling Caldwell a good GM picking on the incompentent niners? lol

Quote:LOL, good team with worse record than incompetent team?

worse record from tanking so they could get the top draft choice

Quote:Kind of like the Jags dropping Gabbert to the Niners?  You calling Caldwell a good GM picking on the incompentent niners? lol

Actually its nothing like that at all. 

Gabbert is 24 & cheap, Schaub is old, brittle and expensive. (per his current contract)
Looks like he's getting traded to the raiders for a late round pick! One of these qbs is going to fall far in the draft I think
Quote:worse record from tanking so they could get the top draft choice

Were they still tanking for Bridgewater specifically?
Quote: 

trollolin' ^^^

I mean, it has to be...

Its such a stupid assertion it just has to be trolling. 

Bridgewater has ZERO shot to fall to the 2nd round. 

Geno Smith wasn't falling to the second round last year either. 
I'm starting to think this way as well. I also believe Clowney or Mack is heading to JAX.

Please tell me Oakland intends to pay $11M for Schaub this year. That would be great.
Quote:Were they still tanking for Bridgewater specifically?
That was his schtick all season, he better stick to it now!
Pages: 1 2 3