Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cornerbacks and Linebackers Are The Key To Sacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If The Jagz Cornerbacks and Linebackers cannot play zone Correctly I doubt it if we get Alot of Sacks . Good Coverage equal Sacks Smile

[Image: cornellwest.gif?w=400&h=336]

Id say pass rushers are the key, but to each his own
Quote:[Image: cornellwest.gif?w=400&h=336]

[Image: funny-avengers-gif-problem.gif]
I have to disagree.  While it's a team effort, DBs can't cover guys all day.  A disruptive passrusher makes weak DBs look a lot better than a good DB does to a weak passrusher.

You're all wrong. It's about our offense scoring points
Its like saying great qb makes the receivers look better.  To a certain extent its true but the same could be made in reverse, meaning great receivers can make a QB look better.  In the end each player has a job to do, and you can usually tell after a few plays who is a star and who is just filling a slot.

Yes.  About 10- 15% of the time a QB is sacked it stems from coverage.  Much more often it stems from a pass rusher hitting him in the mouth. 

I think the key to sacks is tackling the QB behind the LOS.
The key is a good punter.  If we would just draft one high enough you would see the immediate impact on our sack totals.

Quote:I think the key to sacks is tackling the QB behind the LOS.
You know what.........this just might do it  :thumbsup:
Quote:The key is a good punter.  If we would just draft one high enough you would see the immediate impact on our sack totals.
[Image: beating-a-dead-horse-call-me-maybe.jpg]
It's about special teams.  Having a great punter is critical so a team can gain an extra yard or 2 with each punt.

This thread has gone about as well as expected

Oh my gosh. I never thought of it that way. This thread is a revelation.
Nah the key to sacks is the offensive line.
Quote:If The Jagz Cornerbacks and Linebackers cannot play zone Correctly I doubt it if we get Alot of Sacks . Good Coverage equal Sacks Smile

The D-Line is key to primary sacks. LBs and DBs are secondary unless they're initially rushing the QB. Also our LBs and DBs will have better coverage effectiveness in Press Coverage, not zone coverage...

NH3...
Quote:Nah the key to sacks is the offensive line.

Offensively speaking, Yes. But let's not exclude the TE, RB and QBs...

NH3...
Quote:But let's not exclude the TE, RB and QBs...

NH3...

What are those?
The key to sacks is...

paper or plastic?

Pages: 1 2