Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 1010XL the new flagship home of the Jaguars?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Have seen some chatter on Twitter the last week or so.

1010XL tweeted something last week about being back in professional football.

1010XL official Twitter account changed it's avi to a Jaguar logo.

Not the biggest 1010XL fan but I feel such a move would make more sense than having the team buried on a political talk station like it has been for almost a decade. 

And outside of one weekly radio show and the games themselves, you'd barely know that WOKV was the official home anyway.

Anybody heard anything?

Really they already were the only station that consistently talks about the Jaguars on a daily basis already.  The local guy on 930 doesn't even count. 

Pretty much the only station I listen to is 1010 since Prisco left 930.

FLAGSHIP Station of the..................wait for it.

TAMPA BAY BANDITS.

woooohooooo

*I wonder who will be quarterback*

HeadSlap

Quote:Pretty much the only station I listen to is 1010 since Prisco left 930.

Since moving to Tallahassee, the only guys I miss are Joe C and Dempsey. I'm glad I don't have to listen to Hicken/Prosser and Frangie anymore.
Quote:Since moving to Tallahassee, the only guys I miss are Joe C and Dempsey. I'm glad I don't have to listen to Hicken/Prosser and Frangie anymore.

Sometimes Frank annoys me...sometimes he's okay.  Same with Rick.  I used to HATE listening to Hacker but he's grown on me some too.  I definitely enjoy Joe and Mike though.

P.S.  Are you in Tally for school??

WOKV has the largest footprint of any station in the city.  Their daytime lineup is irrelevant.  They are a blow torch that broadcasts up into Georgia, and south to nearly Daytona.  They've also got a bank roll that's significantly larger than just about any other station in town as a member of the Cox Media family.  If 1010XL were to land the broadcast rights as the flagship for the radio network, I would consider that a downgrade.

Quote:FLAGSHIP Station of the..................wait for it.

TAMPA BAY BANDITS.

woooohooooo

*I wonder who will be quarterback*

HeadSlap

Wait...seriously?
Can't pick up 92.5 west of 295...

Quote:Sometimes Frank annoys me...sometimes he's okay.  Same with Rick.  I used to HATE listening to Hacker but he's grown on me some too.  I definitely enjoy Joe and Mike though.

P.S.  Are you in Tally for school??

I can only take so much of Frangie. He repeats himself 30x before finally spitting out what he has to say. Ballou is ok too. He just tries way to hard to get in Blalock's pants. I don't know how the hell you can stand Hacker. He has by far the worst radio voice ever, and is Captain Obvious personified. 

And yes I moved out here for school. I thought FSCJ was leading me in circles because their advisors are clueless (long story, you can PM me if you care for more details), so I moved out here to go somewhere that would get me on the fast track to FSU.
1010 needs way less coverage of golf. It's boring enough to watch golf, but analysis and commentary of golf is even worse. I understand covering March Madness, personally not a fan of college basketball.
Quote:I can only take so much of Frangie. He repeats himself 30x before finally spitting out what he has to say. Ballou is ok too. He just tries way to hard to get in Blalock's pants. I don't know how the hell you can stand Hacker. He has by far the worst radio voice ever, and is Captain Obvious personified. 

And yes I moved out here for school. I thought FSCJ was leading me in circles because their advisors are clueless (long story, you can PM me if you care for more details), so I moved out here to go somewhere that would get me on the fast track to FSU.

Nice.  I went to FCCJ then transferred out to FSU.  Good times are ahead.
Quote:I can only take so much of Frangie. He repeats himself 30x before finally spitting out what he has to say. Ballou is ok too. He just tries way to hard to get in Blalock's pants. I don't know how the hell you can stand Hacker. He has by far the worst radio voice ever, and is Captain Obvious personified.

Lol I get frustrated with frangie as well. I'm like just say it! In regards to Ballou I go back and forth. Dempsey probably my favorite and honestly, I enjoy Prosser and Hickens show even though Prosser is an annoying gator homer.
Quote:Can't pick up 92.5 west of 295...

Get TuneIn Radio app.
Quote:WOKV has the largest footprint of any station in the city.  Their daytime lineup is irrelevant.  They are a blow torch that broadcasts up into Georgia, and south to nearly Daytona.  They've also got a bank roll that's significantly larger than just about any other station in town as a member of the Cox Media family.  If 1010XL were to land the broadcast rights as the flagship for the radio network, I would consider that a downgrade.

No longer true.  WOKV is 50,000 Watts Daytime and 25,000 watts nighttime.  WJXL (1010) is 50,000 daytime and 30,000 nighttime.   The move to 1010XL is smart because they need to fill airtime and will do it with Jags coverage.

Quote:1010 needs way less coverage of golf. It's boring enough to watch golf, but analysis and commentary of golf is even worse. I understand covering March Madness, personally not a fan of college basketball.

Why? Because you don't like golf? It's a radio station located in the golf capital of world. Golf season is picking up and you have The Masters and Players coming up in the next two months. They really only talk golf once a week anyways.
Quote:Lol I get frustrated with frangie as well. I'm like just say it! In regards to Ballou I go back and forth. Dempsey probably my favorite and honestly, I enjoy Prosser and Hickens show even though Prosser is an annoying gator homer.

Hicken isn't bad. I can't stand Prosser. Anyone who has to scream into a mic just to make their point is a buffoon.
Quote:1010 needs way less coverage of golf. It's boring enough to watch golf, but analysis and commentary of golf is even worse. I understand covering March Madness, personally not a fan of college basketball.

I agree but I am no golf fan to begin with. But that's what happen when you have a station loaded with middle age sports writers.
Quote:Get TuneIn Radio app.
Yeah i live in kansas and listen online or Tunein app. I personally love 1010xl but I don't listen to Hicken or Prosser. I don't like Bianchi or David Lamb either.
Quote:WOKV has the largest footprint of any station in the city.  Their daytime lineup is irrelevant.  They are a blow torch that broadcasts up into Georgia, and south to nearly Daytona.  They've also got a bank roll that's significantly larger than just about any other station in town as a member of the Cox Media family.  If 1010XL were to land the broadcast rights as the flagship for the radio network, I would consider that a downgrade.

Quote:No longer true.  WOKV is 50,000 Watts Daytime and 25,000 watts nighttime.  WJXL (1010) is 50,000 daytime and 30,000 nighttime.   The move to 1010XL is smart because they need to fill airtime and will do it with Jags coverage.

Is the above true? 

Is WOKV equivalent to WFAN in NY as far as a 24 hr sports station? 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6