Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Next Move...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So far I've been mostly impressed with the offseason.  Was hoping for Young and still kinda hoping for Thurmond but, overall i think it's been upgrades and depth all over the place.

So...The way i figure it, the next move should be to call up the agents for centers, Mack, Deidrich-Smith and De La Puenta.

Thoughts?   Should center be the next priority or some other direction instead?

ps - totally didnt bother to look up the spelling for those names Smile

cheers!

I doubt we do too much more personally, I would be happy if we could get Thurmond to sign. Still not sure on the Mack front, but I wouldn't completely count us out. Doesn't sound to me like we've really brought any OL's in since Beadles signed, so we may just wait and get a depth guy and fill the spots in the draft. We'll see.

I'd like to see us get some d-line help.
I think we need to concentrate on the offensive line. 

Quote:I think we need to concentrate on the offensive line. 
De La Puente

....that's what I am hoping for
yeah i spose we have just as big a whole at RG as we do at C.

I guess i just feel like a rookie RG is potentially less problematic than a rookie center as far as what we draft.
I would assume we will target a center and WR and then call it a free agency.
Guessing 1 more interior lineman. Deep draft for WRs so Id expect to take 2 by the end of the 4th. 

Offensive line if possible. The draft is so deep in WRs, anything there in FA is just a luxury.
Another Jimmy Smith/KeenanMccardell duo would be terrific!

Still some quality G's and C's out there.  I would hope we'd at least make a play for a Center.  Maybe Dave and Gus see something in Rackley everyone else doesn't.  Weren't they high on Nowak being converted from DT to G?

Some third tier Center.

Mack plz
They will sign a veteran WR

Quote:They will sign a veteran WR

Steve Largent ---- he meets the qualifications   1) Veteran  2) former Seahawk
Quote:Mack plz

agree. Get Mack and id call it a day then fill in the blanks with the draft. I would say add a WR in FA but those dont normally work out and the draft is stacked with good big body red zone targets which is what we need to counter some of the smaller technician type guys we already have (SHorts,Ace).
Quote:Steve Largent ---- he meets the qualifications   1) Veteran  2) former Seahawk

I am holding out hope for Brian Blades or Mike Pritchard
I think Mack is a great center, but I don't think he fits well in a zone-blocking scheme. The best ones for that scheme to me are:

Brian De La Puente and Ryan Wendell
We need a center, draft might be harder to find one, G and WR can be had easy in the draft 

Quote:Steve Largent ---- he meets the qualifications   1) Veteran  2) former Seahawk
I'll see your Largent and raise you a Jerry Rice.
Pages: 1 2 3 4