Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Babin is back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Not sure why but we just brought babin back
I saw that. I'm liking these contracts but i hope these older d linemen can contribute long term.
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@<b>ryanohalloran</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/444174177160155136'>1m</a>

<p class="">Jason Babin back with <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23jaguars&src=hash'>#<b>jaguars</b></a>

I have the nickname for our defensive line: The Over The Hill Gang
Like it. Have a solid rotation of guys for each position on the dline.
Depth!
Quote:Depth!
About all I can think of. With Clemons added, and Branch as a guy I think we like a lot, as well as Watson who figures to play some there and likely a pick or two on the pass rush, does he even make it through training camp? IDK, with Clemons signed, I kind of wanted to move on.
Why did he void the contract only to just come back? He could have redid it without the void right?

Quote:Like it. Have a solid rotation of guys for each position on the dline.
Me too. If you have a bunch of older guys in rotation I think it would keep them fresh and effective
Quote:Why did he void the contract only to just come back? He could have redid it without the void right?
Might have wanted to see if he could gain any interest on the open market. That's my guess.
Hmmm, if the Jags draft a few DE's in the draft I could see him being cut. Probably was a move made by DC to give him flexibility in the draft.

First signing I don't understand. All these DL won't make the roster. 

Could a Branch trade be in the works?

Ugh
I figured he'd end up back here. His value is probably higher to the Jaguars than it is to anyone else, and I'll be curious to see what kind of guaranteed money is involved. We've got a nice rotation shaping up at end.

Quote:First signing I don't understand. All these DL won't make the roster. 

If we seriously bring back Babin to deal off Branch I will be beyond pissed off.

Branch showed some things last year in his first season working under Gus/Wash, there is literally no reason not to see what will happen with another offseason to learn under a guy like Clemons and continue the progress.
He wanted something guaranteed so when he gets cut at the end of camp, he has money for the rest of the year

Quote:First signing I don't understand. All these DL won't make the roster. 

Didn't you say you had no problem with him coming back on a cheaper deal? 
Econo-Jags!
Quote:I figured he'd end up back here. His value is probably higher to the Jaguars than it is to anyone else, and I'll be curious to see what kind of guaranteed money is involved. We've got a nice rotation shaping up at end.

We literally have no more room to draft a DE....if we do, as the other guy said, someone is going, either cut or trade. 

Its possible that Branch could be that guy since he's a previous regime guy. 
So...

Leo: Clemons, Babin, Branch

UT: Marks, Ziggy

NT:Miller

LE: Bryant, Alualu

Seems like Mack would be the ideal pick now....

Pages: 1 2 3 4