Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Henne vs McCown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Josh just signed a 10 million 2 year deal with the Bucs. So who is better? Henne or McCown?
Id say its a push

Is there a "none of the above" option?

Henne.

McCown

They kinda' look alike. :teehee:

McCown

Gotta be McCown. A lil more athletic. More accurate arm. Ill take McCown over Henne any day.

McGowen

When Henne is 'on', I'd pick him.

McCown by a nose. 

ok how bout McCown before last season or Henne? lol

But yeah I'm happy for him he looked good in 5ish games and is getting pretty good contract for 34 year old journeyman.

One is an established starter and has been for a couple seasons. One is not.

I don't get the love feast with McCown. He's a decent QB plain and simple. Should be the best QB Tampa Bay has seen in a while though.

McCown is fools gold, he isn't going to have the system that made him look good in Chicago in Tampa.

Henne is younger and has more experience.  McCown is more mobile.  The arms are comparable.  I'd rather Henne for the Jaguars because he is younger, has more game experience, is cheaper and he already has a year in the system.

Quote:One is an established starter and has been for a couple seasons. One is not.

Wait, what?
McCown will stink it up next year and they will turn to Glennon and then go winless for Winston, Henne will be benched by week four and the rookie will start so push

Look at it this way.  If Henne can be successful with our offense we build, then the franchised man at the helm behind him will excel.  That is the whole point and I feel that is what we are trying to do.  We don't need a guy that looks successful right now, just a guy that is not afraid to take hits and not be scared in the pocket, so we can test our offense of the worst case scenario.   Henne is that guy.  He can be a gunslinger and is a very willing teacher.  I have no idea why everyone is so scared of him.  He will prove to be a very valuable asset to the locker room, and we barely spent any moneys.

Quote:I don't get the love feast with McCown. He's a decent QB plain and simple. Should be the best QB Tampa Bay has seen in a while though.
I'm confident Glennon will challenge him
Pages: 1 2