Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vontae Davis close to a deal... Not with Colts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...the-colts/

Interesting... could it be us?

Just saw that. He'd fit as a Gus Bradley corner. Thick, physical player. He's going to command a lot of money given his talent and youth (26 at the start of the season).

Quote:Just saw that. He'd fit as a Gus Bradley corner. Thick, physical player. He's going to command a lot of money given his talent and youth (26 at the start of the season).

Young, proven and best years ahead of him. Sign him, draft Clowney. Defense will be absolutely sick in 2014.
Ugh, let's hope not. I think the Jags' money is better spent elsewhere.
I would love to keep Vontae and I still hope we do, but he's asking for a ton a money, which I'm not so sure he deserves...

Quote:I would love to keep Vontae and I still hope we do, but he's asking for a ton a money, which I'm not so sure he deserves...

I agree.  He is a good guy to have, but the not the kind of guy you would want to overpay for.  
My money is on the Jets. Just a gut feeling.

Quote:My money is on the Jets. Just a gut feeling.
My gut agrees with your gut.
Quote:My gut agrees with your gut.

Gut buddies lol
Go Grigson!

I hope its not us.....overrated. I wish the Colts would re-sign him. 

Quote:Go Grigson!

This is the funny thing.

No matter what he does with this situation, he's going to get bashed. If you re-sign him it'll be that you overpaid (whoever signs him WILL overpay), if you don't re-sign him, you didn't do your job to keep a good player.
Quote:This is the funny thing.

No matter what he does with this situation, he's going to get bashed. If you re-sign him it'll be that you overpaid (whoever signs him WILL overpay), if you don't re-sign him, you didn't do your job to keep a good player.
That's his fault, shouldn't have traded a 2nd rounder for him or a 1st for T Rich, dude is worse than Genes miffs
Quote:That's his fault, shouldn't have traded a 2nd rounder for him or a 1st for T Rich, dude is worse than Genes miffs

Uh, no. Vontae was a steal.

He was DEFINITELY worth a 2nd rounder and proved it, thus him being a hot commodity.
Quote:This is the funny thing.

He shouldn't have made the trade in the first place. Just like the Richardson deal. The trades themselves were poor decisions. He's now dealt two premium picks in two years. One player was a colossal disappointment and the other is about to walk as a free agent.
Quote:Uh, no. Vontae was a steal.

He was DEFINITELY worth a 2nd rounder and proved it, thus him being a hot commodity.

A steal? On what planet??
Quote:A steal? On what planet??

You're kidding, right?

You don't think Vontae was worth a 2nd rounder?

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Quote:You're kidding, right?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

For two years of his services? No, not worth it.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
If he were around longer, I'd agree.

But a second round draft pick, unless you're Houston, sticks around way longer than two years.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
If he'd been re-signed and stuck around for four or five years, yeah. Not for two.
Pages: 1 2 3