Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Any Rail Fanners out there?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Post your pics for all to see

Took this one today (3/8/14) at the CSX Yard in Brunswick Maryland. Just one of the many road names that come through here

[Image: KCS1_zps97eade13.jpg]

Quote:http://youtu.be/NqvwnxgxazY

Uh, no.
YEAH! ALRIGHT! OMG WOOOO!!
Quote:YEAH! ALRIGHT! OMG WOOOO!!

That may fall under mechanophilia.. 
Brunswick Maryland CSX Yard 3/9/14

[Image: UP_zpsfe3b44b0.jpg]

The topic title was confusing at first look. I was thinking, whats a "rail fanner"?? lol. 

Quote:That may fall under mechanophilia.. 

Better'n sex.
Quote:http://youtu.be/NqvwnxgxazY

Uh, no.

Holy cow....that was either kinda disturbing or intentionally embellished. 
Quote:Holy cow....that was either kinda disturbing or intentionally embellished. 

He sounds genuinely excited.
Quote:He sounds genuinely excited.

Then its disturbing...I get that people are different and all, but jeez, its hard for me to understand how one could display that  level of vocal enthusiasm over watching an old train moving past at 3 mph. :blink: ....And I am one who appreciates nostaligia/ history/ classic cars/ old railroads/ and stuff like that. 

I wish the old railroads never went away. Sure, a few still exist, but many are gone for good. The advent of the automobiles popularity pretty much was the demise of the train. 

CSX 699 Diversity Markings CSX Brunswick Maryland Yard 3/9/14

[Image: Diversity_zps1e12b3f8.jpg]

I'm in IT at a rail company.  I don't get excited about it, but they pay me.

Quote:I'm in IT at a rail company.  I don't get excited about it, but they pay me.

Both My parents and wife work at probably the same place, they don't seem to really care either as long as they get their checks each month.
Quote:Both My parents and wife work at probably the same place, they don't seem to really care either as long as they get their checks each month.
My ex's brother had a really weird obsession with trains. Really weird. Although, this guy was one one of the most...um...'eccentric'...people that I know.

Was that politically correct enough?
Quote:My ex's brother had a really weird obsession with trains. Really weird. Although, this guy was one one of the most...um...'eccentric'...people that I know.

Was that politically correct enough?

Was he admiring trains or pulling them?