Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any Rail Fanners out there?

Post your pics for all to see

Took this one today (3/8/14) at the CSX Yard in Brunswick Maryland. Just one of the many road names that come through here

[Image: KCS1_zps97eade13.jpg]

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

http://youtu.be/NqvwnxgxazY

Uh, no.

Quote:http://youtu.be/NqvwnxgxazY

Uh, no.
YEAH! ALRIGHT! OMG WOOOO!!

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:YEAH! ALRIGHT! OMG WOOOO!!

That may fall under mechanophilia.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014, 09:03 AM by The Drifter.)

Brunswick Maryland CSX Yard 3/9/14

[Image: UP_zpsfe3b44b0.jpg]

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

The topic title was confusing at first look. I was thinking, whats a "rail fanner"?? lol. 

Quote:That may fall under mechanophilia.. 

Better'n sex.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:http://youtu.be/NqvwnxgxazY

Uh, no.

Holy cow....that was either kinda disturbing or intentionally embellished. 

Quote:Holy cow....that was either kinda disturbing or intentionally embellished. 

He sounds genuinely excited.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014, 11:26 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:He sounds genuinely excited.

Then its disturbing...I get that people are different and all, but jeez, its hard for me to understand how one could display that  level of vocal enthusiasm over watching an old train moving past at 3 mph. :blink: ....And I am one who appreciates nostaligia/ history/ classic cars/ old railroads/ and stuff like that. 

I wish the old railroads never went away. Sure, a few still exist, but many are gone for good. The advent of the automobiles popularity pretty much was the demise of the train. 

CSX 699 Diversity Markings CSX Brunswick Maryland Yard 3/9/14

[Image: Diversity_zps1e12b3f8.jpg]

I'm in IT at a rail company.  I don't get excited about it, but they pay me.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I'm in IT at a rail company.  I don't get excited about it, but they pay me.

Both My parents and wife work at probably the same place, they don't seem to really care either as long as they get their checks each month.

Quote:Both My parents and wife work at probably the same place, they don't seem to really care either as long as they get their checks each month.
My ex's brother had a really weird obsession with trains. Really weird. Although, this guy was one one of the most...um...'eccentric'...people that I know.

Was that politically correct enough?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:My ex's brother had a really weird obsession with trains. Really weird. Although, this guy was one one of the most...um...'eccentric'...people that I know.

Was that politically correct enough?

Was he admiring trains or pulling them?