Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colts sign D'Qwell Jackson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
He's on the wrong side of 30 but should be an upgrade over what they have

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl...n/6115491/

He'll definitely be upgrade to what we had last year to go with Freeman, but dang that's a lot of money to give him, not sure I would have gave him as much.

We'll see if it works out.

Hope he blows, sorry clot fans Smile

Yikes. $11 million guaranteed! I didn't see that coming. Is that the market for LB's nowadays or does his contract lead?

I hope he tears his ACL.

Grigson kind of runs his team with a fan mentality which IMO isn't good.  He seems to always be going after 'name' players who are either past their prime (Jackson) or are underachievers (Richardson).  Gotta give credit where credit is due though, he's turned that team around but that was largely due to one draft pick.  I think the jury's still out on him long-term however.  The clots have a ton of cap room but if continues to make deals like this, that space will quickly evaporate and they'll be fielding scrubs at minimum wage in order to re-sign Luck to a long-term deal after his rookie deal has expired.  I think you have to be more careful with your spending and lock up your core players with big, long-term deals and not go off and spend $22 million on 30 year-old linebackers.

This Colts GM is a buffoon.

For the rest of the AFC South, this is a great sign of things to come.. I think we have a future Al Davis/Dan Snyder on our hands here, and he is in our division!

The more years Andrew Luck can wither away in that franchise, the better. Keep it up Irsay!

Quote:For the rest of the AFC South, this is a great sign of things to come.. I think we have a future Al Davis/Dan Snyder on our hands here, and he is in our division!

The more years Andrew Luck can wither away in that franchise, the better. Keep it up Irsay!

I saw some tweets earlier with that comparison as well.

It also seems obvious that they are spending now before they have to pay Luck. That is 15-20 million they can spend now that will be spent on Luck in two years.
Quote:For the rest of the AFC South, this is a great sign of things to come.. I think we have a future Al Davis/Dan Snyder on our hands here, and he is in our division!

I am beginning to think this... This will be an epic decade if it is the case.... Someone should tweet Irsay that Dre Archer had the fastest speed in the draft and would be a great compliment to Richardson (lol, actually he might). But seeing the Colts use their 1st I mean 2nd round pick on him would be crazy. I bet the Colts board is full of Gene Smithisms like "We used our 1st round pick early on Richardson, Cleveland gave up 2 first rounds picks to get him, see its a deal..."

This could be the golden age of Jaguars we have all been waiting for...
The clots are becoming quite the "old" team. Gotta go with youth nowadays. Happy with where we're headed.

in before "the rich get richer"

Seems to be some whistling past the graveyard here. Surmising what will happen five years down the road in the NFL is futile. Trying to figure out next year is hard enough.

Quote:I hope he tears his ACL.

Stay classy.
Quote:Stay classy.

Impossible for Tommy, BTW.
Also, not too bad of a contract, really: http://www.indystar.com/story/colts-insi...s/6127733/

Another note, NFLN reporting that teams offered him more money (either Denver/Miami/Tennessee) and he turned them down to come to Colts.

I approve this signing -- Rest of the AFCS
The Colts released C-Samson Satele today. This saves them $4Mill in cap space, which essentially covers 4/5ths of Jackson's annual salary. They basically traded out one of the worst centers in the league for one of the most productive LBs in the league. I'd say it's a good move on their part.

Colts goin for broke when they could've had Peyton + king's ransom for Luck. Tsk Tsk
Quote:The Colts released C-Samson Satele today. This saves them $4Mill in cap space, which essentially covers 4/5ths of Jackson's annual salary. They basically traded out one of the worst centers in the league for one of the most productive LBs in the league. I'd say it's a good move on their part.

Yup, this is true too.

Colts cut Satele which for this year, basically switches Satele for Jackson.

I'll take that any day of the week lol.
Pages: 1 2 3