Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ace Sanders Potential
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just something to talk about here..

What do you guys think is Ace's ceiling? I think he had an awesome year for a fourth round rookie and he is a player other teams really have to gameplan for...

Saw this highlight film and thought I would share..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpSsnWdFcTQ

Nice highlights.

His quickness is as good as it gets. He is a really talented guy.

His only problen was catching the ball sometimes, which was weird because he never dropped in college.
He finished 2nd under Cecil Shorts in receptions with 51 for 484 yards and Mike Brown came in 3rd with 32 for 446 yards and then Justin Blackmon, then Lewis, and then Maurice Jones-Drew for the teams top 5 receiving in 2013.

I felt he did good but Brown was better in key moments too.

I think both were great last year, and I expect them to be even better this season since they had a poor Oline, with little rushing game & had Blaine at first & then Chad Henne.

If the Oline is repaired via drafting or FA, and a new QB is obtained he has great potential along with Cecil, Brown & Justin Blackmon to pull in some great stats!

For the first time in many years I think the WR depth is really good.

I just hope he doesnt get slower like Mike Thomas did.
Quote:Nice highlights.

His quickness is as good as it gets. He is a really talented guy.

His only problen was catching the ball sometimes, which was weird because he never dropped in college.

Yeah he dropped a few, especially early in the season, but even the best do (except Megatron). The highlight film didnt even include the punt return TD against the Rams that was called back
Quote:Yeah he dropped a few, especially early in the season, but even the best do (except Megatron). The highlight film didnt even include the punt return TD against the Rams that was called back

On a highly questionable call too
I like Ace.

I think his ceiling is being used like we did against the Browns.

Give him 7-8 touches a game, and hopefully he breaks one for a 30-40 yard gain.

Unfortunately he doesn't have elite speed, but he does have good quickness.  As another poster mentioned, hopefully he doesn't get slower like Mike Thomas.

I remember being so disappointed when we drafted him instead of Quinton Patton. I'm glad to say that it looks as though I was wrong.
Quote:I remember being so disappointed when we drafted him instead of Quinton Patton. I'm glad to say that it looks as though I was wrong.

I was so pumped that we traded down 2 spots with Philly and got an extra pick in the 7th. Eagles drafted Barkley and then we drafted Ace haha! And with that extra 7th rounder we drafted Demetrius McCray who I also believe has some serious potential. 
Quote:I like Ace.

I think his ceiling is being used like we did against the Browns.

Give him 7-8 touches a game, and hopefully he breaks one for a 30-40 yard gain.

Unfortunately he doesn't have elite speed, but he does have good quickness. As another poster mentioned, hopefully he doesn't get slower like Mike Thomas.
Thomas was/is a lazy bum.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
Ace Sanders was cursed by holding calls on pretty much all of his big plays. I couldn't understand why it seemingly only happened to him and no one else in our offense.

Gabbert looking good on those throws to Ace.

Ace's game is a lot like Wes Welker in a way. Not very big or fast, but quick and shifty as hell.

I'm not saying Ace will produce the way Welker has, but he has his potential.

Midget. Will get injured every game. Bust for sure.

Kinda reminds me of Dexter McCluster from KC
Don't know that I'd ever want him as a starting outside receiver, but he's got a lot of potential as a slot guy.

Quote:Ace's game is a lot like Wes Welker in a way. Not very big or fast, but quick and shifty as hell.

I'm not saying Ace will produce the way Welker has, but he has his potential.
Not sure Ace will ever have a Brady or Peyton throwing to him
Quote:Kinda reminds me of Dexter McCluster from KC
Another good comparison. Probably better than my Welker one. Only difference is McCluster is a lot faster.
Quote:Midget. Will get injured every game. Bust for sure.
sarcasm?
Initially, I didn't like the draft pick...I was wrong. He's got quickness and makes plays. I like the way they started moving him around later in the season.
Pages: 1 2 3