Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Remind you of anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2014/02/...et-trolls/

The narcissism I figured out myself, but the sadism part I didn't really see coming. It makes sense though.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really see no value being added to the internet by those types of people. I think it's better off without them. I like debate and discussion, but when someone just does something to [BAD WORD REMOVED] other off for their own entertainment, what good does that do anyone?
In a somewhat related note, I just ran across this gem in the "Jaguars" Section:

Quote:The Jags ain't breaking out of anything. Look at the teams in the AFC south......Texas pulled a 2011 Indy trick to get the No. 1 overall. Indy..speaks for itself, Tennessee? Well...... We and them will be fighting for the basement.

Bad news....We will win, we will continue to look out the basement window.....Oh yea..Floridians don't have basements, just ask a yankee and they will tell you.

Quote:What exactly does this have to do with the topic of the thread?

Oh yeah, that's right nothing because you are trolling.

Pretty lame attempt too. A complete waste of a warning.

Quote:A warning from you? A total waste of air? It don't bother me at all what you think.

A translation for you......"Breakout Jaguars" to me Jaguars are a team, not an individual, so I talk about the team. If you don't like it....TOUGH

Add to that GUS' signature:

Quote:Just an old cantankerous biker, who asks why Constitutional Freedom of Speech is not acceptable on this website? If the moderators don't like your opinions, they will suspend you and block you from asking why. 
Failure is not an option. 2nd place = 1st loser.

I think we just found the author's doctorate thesis.

Well Gus, you signed a contract while submitting to the terms of agreement through a private entity. Reading  comprehension 101.

Quote:Well Gus, you signed a contract while submitting to the terms of agreement through a private entity. Reading  comprehension 101.

Well put!  I am always amazed at people's complete lack of understanding of the 1st Amendment.
Quote:Well put!  I am always amazed at people's complete lack of understanding of the 1st Amendment.

Unless the Jags suddenly became the government...it isn't a first amendment issue!! :no:

Quote:Well Gus, you signed a contract while submitting to the terms of agreement through a private entity. Reading  comprehension 101.

Quote:Well put!  I am always amazed at people's complete lack of understanding of the 1st Amendment.

Quote:Unless the Jags suddenly became the government...it isn't a first amendment issue!! :no:
This isn't so much an issue with the website as it is with private entities, but say for example that someone agrees to a "Contract" with a private entity to sell them into slavery.

Now as you all know, Slavery in America is banned under the 13th Amendment, but since the person in general signed an agreement to be sold into slavery, despite slavery itself being defined as a grave offense on Human rights, would it be legal?

This is all purely hypothetical, but it's worth asking.
Reminds me of Bchbunnie

Quote:Reminds me of Bchbunnie

Me??
Quote:Me??

You're such an internet troll..
Quote:You're such an internet troll..

Sad
Quote:Sad

Was a joke..
Quote:Was a joke..

Sniff sniff...it's okay....sniff sniff...

**wipes tears from eyes**
Quote:Sniff sniff...it's okay....sniff sniff...

**wipes tears from eyes**

And here I thought you knew me by now..
Quote:In a somewhat related note, I just ran across this gem in the "Jaguars" Section:

Add to that GUS' signature:

I think we just found the author's doctorate thesis.
Ha! I never got to see his reply because the mods deleted the posts.

I wasn't handing out warnings, I just posses the power of prediction (and the ability to comprehend the CoC).
There are several websites that need to shut down their comments section because the trolls have taken over.   The Times-Union, for one.  

Am I the troll here? I mean I've never once attempted to incite negativity on this board, but sometimes I'm, uh, recreationally impulsive; and I would imagine a bit abrasive to the more petulant variety of forum-goers. I mean well, though...

Just because you bring nothing *pertinent* to the table doesn't necessarily mean your content is intentionally obnoxious. Does it?

-

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells."

Right?

Quote:Am I the troll here? I mean I've never once attempted to incite negativity on this board, but sometimes I'm, uh, recreationally impulsive; and I would imagine a bit abrasive to the more petulant variety of forum-goers. I mean well, though...

Just because you bring nothing *pertinent* to the table doesn't necessarily mean your content is intentionally obnoxious. Does it?

-

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells."

Right?

You good.
Quote:This isn't so much an issue with the website as it is with private entities, but say for example that someone agrees to a "Contract" with a private entity to sell them into slavery.

Now as you all know, Slavery in America is banned under the 13th Amendment, but since the person in general signed an agreement to be sold into slavery, despite slavery itself being defined as a grave offense on Human rights, would it be legal?

This is all purely hypothetical, but it's worth asking.

Illegality is an absolute defense to non-performance.  Since, in the eyes of the law, the contract is not legal to begin with, there is no obligation. You can can sign any kind of contract, but the enforcement of the contract will never be upheld unless the obligation is recognized in the court of law as legal activity.

Disclaimer:  My wife the lawyer told me this.
I still think there are a few trolls on this board.  When you see the same discussion from these people that rehash the same thing...only to incite others to respond, you're a troll.

Pages: 1 2