Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Breakout Jaguars going into 2014?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My take:

Andre Branch:  Branch looked great in year two.  I expect him to get better and become a real solid player this eyar

Luke Joeckel :  He said himself he is using this offseason to increase his upper body strength. He is  very smart guy who I expect to see be a cornerstone at the LT spot.  His injury should be fully healed before the start of the offseason.

Ace Sanders:  I like this guys quickness.  I can see him becoming that X factor.  Good hands as well.

Justin Blackmon:  Blackmon has the talent to be a star.  I got to believe this time off was used to get help with this habit. If he can get it together off the field he is going to shine on the field.  I am going to believe in blackmon.  Hopefully the comish reinstates him before training camp if at all.

Jonathan Cyprien:  He has the talent, the will, and the heart.  Cyprien struggles in the mental game.  At times he was a liability in coverage. An offseason to learn will make a big difference.

D-Rob

McCray. 

Reynolds. 

Every time I try and predict a breakout, it usually ends up like hives.. So I just stop..

Andre Branchs sacks all came on plays where he wasn't touched, he can't beat anyone 1v1 so.. don't let the stats fool you. But for me it's Ace, he started to break out towards the end of the year and I can only see him getting better if Blackmon returns. 

Quote:Every time I try and predict a breakout, it usually ends up like hives.. So I just stop..

Well..... I mean...... Hives are a breakout of sorts ... so .... like .... you know......  You're good at this?  
I haven't seen Branch win enough 1 on 1 to believe he will break out and in my eyes Blackmon has already broke out.

I'm gonna reach deep and go with Ryan Davis. He started making quite a few plays when he got time at the end of the season. Isn't he about to go into the magical 3rd season?
Quote:I haven't seen Branch win enough 1 on 1 to believe he will break out and in my eyes Blackmon has already broke out.

I'm gonna reach deep and go with Ryan Davis. He started making quite a few plays when he got time at the end of the season. Isn't he about to go into the magical 3rd season?
I like Davis, he always showed up when we needed him to Smile
Quote:Andre Branchs sacks all came on plays where he wasn't touched, he can't beat anyone 1v1 so.. don't let the stats fool you. But for me it's Ace, he started to break out towards the end of the year and I can only see him getting better if Blackmon returns. 
He still had the quickness to get to the QB and exploit that hole.  I don't care if they run stunts or whatever as long as he is getting sacks.  Branch made huge strides from year one so give him some credit.  You act like exploiting a hole and having the quickness to take down the QB is an easy thing.  Ask MIncey or any other DE we have had in the past couple of years and they will tell you different.
McCray. Gus seems to believe
Quote:Well..... I mean...... Hives are a breakout of sorts ... so .... like .... you know......  You're good at this?  

I'm not good at much...
Im ridin with D Rob till he proves me wrong.

Quote:He still had the quickness to get to the QB and exploit that hole.  I don't care if they run stunts or whatever as long as he is getting sacks.  Branch made huge strides from year one so give him some credit.  You act like exploiting a hole and having the quickness to take down the QB is an easy thing.  Ask MIncey or any other DE we have had in the past couple of years and they will tell you different.
He's a role player at best.. Not a legit "Leo" or DE
I think our safety play from Evans and Cyprien will have a great year!
For Caldwell's sake, Joeckel better play like a top LT.
Demetrius McCray is an excellent choice. He was very raw last year but you can see the talent is there. I like Walker as a DB coach also. I think we will see alot of improvement from McCray and Evans too.

McCray and Gratz are my choices. Will Blackmon and Alan Ball played well but i think with a offseason they can be passed by the more talented higher upside players in McCray and Gratz as the starting corners.

Id like to see us keep Will Blackmon for the nickel CB though.

Honorable mention goes to D-Rob who i can bet is working on his carry rating (lol madden ref) something serious this offseason.

I don't know.  Since MJD, I'm not sure we've had any real "breakout years".  You could maybe argue Marcedes Lewis, Blackmon, and maybe Shorts.  But to me breakout isn't you are good at your position, it means you're one of the best.  I don't think any defensive player will be considered that until our defense is highly ranked, or until we get a double digit sack or an 8 int guy.  If J. Blackmon can play a full season, he's probably finally officially having that year.   And if I had to choose another, I'd probably go with Ace Sanders I guess. 

Hopefully we can get a breakout performance from one or two draft pick too.    

Gratz

McCray

D Rob

Dre Branch

Breakout players...

Jordan Todman- only 23, got his first real experience last year, he'll shine with a better line.
LaRoy Reynolds- only 23 also, should have been drafted, a steal with some more experience.
Gabbert - 2nd year in same system after sitting should have a breakout year.

Pages: 1 2 3