Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars OL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So Meester is retired and Joeckel is going to be back at LT good-to-go (fingers crossed).

Of the remaining OL personnel who is quality level starter for 2014?

Who is average level, at best?

Assuming LT is set, how wouldyou rank the other four positions in order of need when evaluating the personnel on hand to man the positions?
Others will disagree, but I think Uche still has a lot to offer. We need a C and G as I am not impressed w Brewster, Rackley, etc. as starters.

The need positions below could be upgraded in free agency, likely without breaking the bank. If free agency does not provide the personnel, mid round draft picks could be used at these interior spots. Just my thoughts....

Need to upgrade:
OC- Lewis and Brewster to compete is trouble.
LG- Rackley has not developed and is too inconsistent, depth is poor.

Upgrade if opportunity present:
RG- Nwaneri is average, overpaid, and upgradeable.

No need to upgrade:
RT- Pasztor played well and is developing youth.
LT- Joeckle's will be a high quality starter. Bradfield provides depth for both.
LT, and RT are good. All other positions need to be upgraded, and Uche is way overpaid.

Quote:The need positions below could be upgraded in free agency, likely without breaking the bank. If free agency does not provide the personnel, mid round draft picks could be used at these interior spots. Just my thoughts....

Need to upgrade:

OC- Lewis and Brewster to compete is trouble.

LG- Rackley has not developed and is too inconsistent, depth is poor.

Upgrade if opportunity present:

RG- Nwaneri is average, overpaid, and upgradeable.

No need to upgrade:

RT- Pasztor played well and is developing youth.

LT- Joeckle's will be a high quality starter. Bradfield provides depth for both.
You think Dietrich-Smith from Packers is best FA Center available, assuming Mack stays in Cleveland, or is there another viable option in FA?  Velasco from Pittsburgh for example?

Anyone know how Pasztor graded out on PFF site? (not that this would be the end-all-be-all)

Did he progress well in second half of season?
Quote:You think Dietrich-Smith from Packers is best FA Center available, assuming Mack stays in Cleveland, or is there another viable option in FA?  Velasco from Pittsburgh for example?

Anyone know how Pasztor graded out on PFF site? (not that this would be the end-all-be-all)

Did he progress well in second half of season?
He graded out as a Top 15 RT.
Quote:You think Dietrich-Smith from Packers is best FA Center available, assuming Mack stays in Cleveland, or is there another viable option in FA?  Velasco from Pittsburgh for example?
Top 10 FA OCs per Yahoo Sports...

1. Alex Mack
2. Brian De La Puente
3. Evan Dietrich-Smith
4. Dominic Raiola (Re-signed)
5. Ryan Wendell
6. Jonathan Goodwin
7. Roberto Garza
8. Fernando Velasco
9. Ryan Cook
10. J.D. Walton
Curious about FA Guards...  what are some you guys opinions on available FAs??

Jon Asamoah
Quote:Jon Asamoah
he was apparently benched in favor of Schwartz...  anyone have more info about that?  I've never found a straight explanation.
Our interior is garbage. We need two new starters to go with Joeckel and Pasztor. Find one in FA and another in the draft.
Quote:Others will disagree, but I think Uche still has a lot to offer. We need a C and G as I am not impressed w Brewster, Rackley, etc. as starters.
I think Uche would be a backup on most teams.  I agree he has a lot going for him he can even play center in emergencys and should remain on the team but i think he is below league average as a starting guard.   I dont think people realize how good Brad was until he's gone. He played so well that guards looked a bit better. 

According to this website the Jaguars ranked 30  Oline in the NFL

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...-rankings/

I know Pasztor has developed into a good RT. However I'm wondering if there's a possibility he might go back to LG since he played that spot originally, and Bradfield at RT since he has proven he can be an OK tackle.

LT : Luke Joeckel

LG : Richie Incognito

C : Bryan Stork

RG : Brandon Linder (rookie)

RT : Austin Pasztor

Stork in the 3round and Linder in the 4th or 5th.
Joeckel was playing pretty badly before the injury, but he was playing out of position. Pasztor looked surprisingly good, but he's young and could still, as so many young players do, regress. I think we're safe with those two as starters, but it wouldn't hurt to add a quality backup in free agency or the draft who could step in and play capably at either tackle spot if needed. Bradfield may or may not be that guy, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it after how awful he was in 2012.

The interior has holes. Rackley is just not very good (thanks, Gene), Uche is average (thanks, Gene), and center is completely up in the air. Brewster, Lewis, McClendon and Uche can all play center, maybe even Rackley, and when you have five guys who could all wind up starter by default at center, you have no center. Uche would probably be the best center of that bunch, but he's still not a long-term fix. Upgrading the entire interior line in one offseason is tough, so my focus would probably be on finding a center first, then a guard to replace Rackley. If we can find an upgrade over Uche without dumping tons of money and draft picks into the interior line, cool, but if not, he can hold things down for one more year. I actually think he'd look much better with a more seasoned Pasztor and an upgraded center alongside him while his replacement is found and developed.

Pasztor and Joeckel are good. Uche is solid. The rest can leave.

Quote:LT : Luke Joeckel

LG : Richie Incognito

C : Bryan Stork

RG : Brandon Linder (rookie)

RT : Austin Pasztor

Stork in the 3round and Linder in the 4th or 5th.

Id still put more stock in Uche at RG than a 4th or 5th round rookie he isnt a bad player just a bit overpaid and beginning to show signs of wear and tear. Other than that im fine with this O-line
I'd like to see

Joeckel

Yankey (Stanford 2nd rd)

Mack

Uche

Pasztor

I could live with that
Quote:Pasztor and Joeckel are good. Uche is solid. The rest can leave.

+1 we can upgrade Rg later Lg,C,Leo,olb,qb and Rb are needed now.
Pastor was alright, Joekel should be ok. Brewster and Rackley are not good. Nwaneri is decent. Bottom line is that we NEED a center and a guard. No other way around it, we can manage with Pastor at RT. 

Needs:

1) QB

2) OLB

3) C

4) DE

5) G

6) RB

7) TE

8) CB

Pages: 1 2