Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If MJD Leaves...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My question to the fans is this: If MJD decides to leave (Hope Not), what do you think plays out? Knowing this info going into the draft can obviously alter our strategy for sure. For conversation sake, lets assume that he elects to leave. How do things pan out from there? Provide your re-evaluated draft/free agent acquisitions etc. Can Todman be the feature back for a season? I do hope that D. Robinson can develop because I think he is a gifted athlete. weigh in...

I'd say we spend a 5th round pick. Toddman can be serviceable and DRob should be much better in his 2nd season. Also Ace could take a few snaps in a Harvin type role. I dont see much logic behind spending a 2nd or 3rd on a rb with two backs already on the roster. A 5th rounder would provide depth and perhaps a backup if Robinson cant hold on to the ball
Todman has looked pretty good last year and we have Shoelaces who has had flashes and now has a year of NFL experience under his belt. I think we are OK at the position and don't need to make a big move to keep MoJo, don't get me wrong I would love it if he stayed but it depends how much he wants to stay and what else he is offered on the open market.

if Robinson took "the program" approach and never put down the football this entire offseason then i think between him and toddman we'll be fine.

What kind of contract do you think CJ2k is looking for? Dude had a garbage year and his stock has to be pretty low. There is no way you rush for 2K yards and not have talent no matter how good your O-line is. I wonder where he is going to end up. I think he is attainable as a bargain.

IF he leaves?

He probably will.

Me?....I will say goodbye, have a great life, and find another RB in free agency or the draft, or use what we have. I wouldn't be concerned at all, and I believe Caldwell, and Bradley feel the same way. 

Bye - Bye Mo.     See ya.

If MJD leaves sign a different grinder back.  Todman looks like a 3rd down guy, and Robinson looks like a change of pace/ flash type.

If we were to target one in the draft, we'd have to make sure we grab one with a lower pick and still snag some value... Maybe someone like Lache Seastrunk or Carlos Hyde in the 4th.

If Mason is there in the3rd would be nice
Quote:If Mason is there in the3rd would be nice

I'm a big fan of Tre Mason, but that may be too high for him. If we have a great interio lineman at that spot I don't see how we can't pick him.
Yes, the Jags have Todman and Shoelace to fill two of the spots. They also signed Justin Forsett last year to a 2 year deal (he has one left). However, I am an advocate of the Jags using a mid to late round pick for better competition.
We WILL draft a RB this year if MJD leaves. Gus and Dave want their own young, fresh competition.

MJD's gone dude.  Look to the future.

Quote:How about Terrance West from Towson in perhaps the 4th rd?
I'm pretty sure someone with more value will be there in the 4th.
I don't think forsett will make it through final cuts he was used as a 3rd down back before he got injured and we need an everydown back if mjd leaves

I think we loose forsett and mjd and take Gerhart in fa and white in the 6th
Quote:I'm pretty sure someone with more value will be there in the 4th.
well "value" would be subjective now wouldn't it?   :no:

just FYI - there are some pundits projecting his draft value as high as the 3rd round. I'm not saying draft him even in the 4th but there aren't many big backs in draft with much to offer.  He does have some value in that regard IMHO.
We don't know if Denard can hold onto the ball, and Todman can't do it all himself. MJD is arguably the best RB in FA. We'll have to draft one if we don't resign him.
Would like to see us draft Hyde or Carey both are every down back
It's Freddy T all over again, beloved yet aged running back at twilight of career.

Would love to have MOJO back, but if someone else falls in Love with him and

he can top off his retirement, more power to him.  Fast Forward.

2016/17 just after the bye week he will sign a one day deal and retire a JAG as

he is inducted into the Pride at half time.

HeadSlap

Pages: 1 2