Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars could build passing game around Marqise Lee in 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-ja...ee-in-2017

Hate to say I told you so about Lee, but I told you the guy was good and was gonna be a stud when many wanted him cut or traded, never give up on players too early and never do it due to injuries like a hammy.

He was one of the most dynamic WRs in that draft that was loaded with great WRs, Evans, Watkins and Odell to as well as Hurns and Robinson.

Now that he is healthy he is the best play on our offense, Lane Kiffin said Lee was the best WR he ever coached.

Goodbye Allen Robinson.
I still think he is expendable.
But yes he is playing better WR than anybody on the team.
Imagine if we had a QB that could actually throw the ball. I blame Bortles on Robinsons down year and Hurns is just hurt

I'm still somewhat skeptical about Lee's injury history and for that reason I'd still lean toward A-Rob as our #1 WR.

Quote: I blame Bortles on Robinsons down year and Hurns is just hurt
agree
Quote:Imagine if we had a QB that could actually throw the ball. I blame Bortles on Robinsons down year and Hurns is just hurt.
"Hey, I told you not to write a player off too early, and look, I was right!"
"Hey yeah, you were right. Now, excuse me while I write off a *different* player too early."

<sigh>
Always reminded me of Steve Smith
Remember when he was a huge bust.
Quote:Remember when he was a huge bust.
Remember those 2 years where he was trash and was getting out performed by a Hurns who went undrafted? Build a passing game around a receiver who's having 1 OK year out of the 3 he's been in the league? Give me a break.
You guys do know that right when things start looking up, something will happen, right? It's the curse of John Oehser.

Quote:http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-ja...ee-in-2017

Hate to say I told you so about Lee, but I told you the guy was good and was gonna be a stud when many wanted him cut or traded, never give up on players too early and never do it due to injuries like a hammy.

He was one of the most dynamic WRs in that draft that was loaded with great WRs, Evans, Watkins and Odell to as well as Hurns and Robinson.

Now that he is healthy he is the best play on our offense, Lane Kiffin said Lee was the best WR he ever coached.
For the Jags to build a passing game around anybody they first have to have someone who can actually pass the football. Just say'n...
we could build a passing game around the 3 good receivers we have when we get a good quarterback
Lee plays with heart just like Hurns. Robinson thinks he's been anointed as some great WR and you can tell by how he acts.
Lee is a talented player and has managed to stay healthy.  Hopefully that continues but I wouldn't bet on it.  Robinson is a little bit of diva, read his own press clippings from last year and as a result is in a major sophomore slump but will be back after rededicating himself.  Hurns as has been pointed out has been banged up and as a third option has been the victim of a QB who can't see open receivers.  All in all, it's a talented group.

Okay. But let's see what he does in 2017 when team's now have a full season's worth of film to prepare for him. And let's see what he does without a Robinson or Hurns commanding a bit more respect on the outside. Again, I caution you all when I can not to get your hopes up so suddenly. It bit us last year in 2015 going into 2016. We're fixing to see this coaching staff get dismantled in about three weeks so that also impacts everyone's future here. 

Quote:Okay. But let's see what he does in 2017 when team's now have a full season's worth of film to prepare for him. And let's see what he does without a Robinson or Hurns commanding a bit more respect on the outside. Again, I caution you all when I can not to get your hopes up so suddenly. It bit us last year in 2015 going into 2016. We're fixing to see this coaching staff get dismantled in about three weeks so that also impacts everyone's future here. 

1. Why would he not have Hurns and Robinson commanding respect?  They will both be here next year. 
  2. Hurns doesn't play the outside when Lee is on the field. He plays the slot. (which is partially why he's banged up currently after Bortles led him into multiple big hits over the middle)
  3. If you can't see the talent and speed Lee's got, you aren't paying much attention.
  4. The vikes shaded a safety his way many times on Sunday and he still made plays. 
Hahaha

Lees best year isnt even better than Arobs worst but yea.... let's build the passing around him
Quote:Hahaha

Lees best year isnt even better than Arobs worst but yea.... let's build the passing around him

This is one of those situations where you have to use your eyeballs and watch football players doing football things on the field instead of just referencing statistics. 

Lee - this season - has clearly exhibited the talent that made Caldwell draft him as high as he did. It's very plain to see. The regression of the QB throwing to both of the players you are referencing must also be considered. 

It's my opinion that Lee would have easily put up 1000+  yards and 9 or 10 TDs with a competent/slightly above-average QB this season. He had Bortles throwing the ball everywhere but on-target instead. 

This talk of "building around him" is just silly because the Jags have a number of talented receivers under contract and they don't need to "build" anything in that regard. They just need much better accuracy from the QB position. It's just headline  click-bait. 
Pages: 1 2 3