Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mike Mularkey to join Whisenhunt's coaching staff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
per rotoworld: 

Ex-Jaguars head coach Mike Mularkey will join the Titans' coaching staff.

Mularkey will either be Tennessee's quarterbacks or tight ends coach under Ken Whisenhunt. The 52-year-old was out of coaching in 2013 after lasting just one season as the Jaguars head coach. Mularkey has previously coached tight ends in Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and Miami and played the position professionally.

Well theres at least one easy victory coming our way... Maybe the titans are trying to tank...

Fail

He did such great work with Blaine ... We'll never catch them .... 5 to 10 years of more losing for the Jags ....
He'd probably be a decent TE coach.  

Quote:He'd probably be a decent TE coach.  
Thats just Mularky
I honestly didn't think he was a bad guy ... hope he has a good experience in TN.

By that I hope the Jags pound TN into the floor every game for the next two decades.

Quote:per rotoworld:

Ex-Jaguars head coach Mike Mularkey will join the Titans' coaching staff.

Mularkey will either be Tennessee's quarterbacks or tight ends coach under Ken Whisenhunt. The 52-year-old was out of coaching in 2013 after lasting just one season as the Jaguars head coach. Mularkey has previously coached tight ends in Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and Miami and played the position professionally.

Lol. Good luck.
So I'm guessing we should panic because "while he was a terrible head coach, and a bad offensive coordinator, as a positions coach, he's fantastic"?

Quote:So I'm guessing we should panic because "while he was a terrible head coach, and a bad offensive coordinator, as a positions coach, he's fantastic"?

I will be ecstatic if he becomes the QB coach. I don't believe he's been a QB coach in his career.
Quote:I will be ecstatic if he becomes the QB coach. I don't believe he's been a QB coach in his career.
What would he say to them? Look at that Gabbert guy, he looked much better last year with me... See I am a good coach...
They may not win more games because of this, but those helmets are gonna be SO lined up straight during warm ups.
I have to imagine he'll be the TE coach in Tennessee.

Quote:I have to imagine he'll be the TE coach in Tennessee.

Thats what I am thinking. 

Thats the position he has experience in after being DEMOTED from OC in Miami several years back. 
Probably just keeping the seat warm for a year or two until someone better comes along.

Probably the Titans hoping to get their hands on our playbook.  Since Fisch seems to have kept the old one from the Delarkey Era. Hopefully we'll surprise them though and throw it away when we draft a QB that we can count on for the first two downs.

Pretty pitiful that a mere TE coach is what Gene decided would make a head coach over here.  Continues to make absolutely no sense.  

Mularkey was given a bad hand of cards.   There is no way anyone can judge him based on the roster Gene provided.   Regarding his ability to develope Gabbert, our existing coaching staff failed at that one too.  Heck, I know Moses parted the Red Sea but I don't think he could have even developed Gabbert.

The Mularkey era should be shredded and not count for him or against him.

Quote:Probably the Titans hoping to get their hands on our playbook.  

This was funny.  I'm sure a lot of teams are taking those extra measures to get the Jags playbook.  We couldn't even cross our own 36 yard line in Game 1 until the 4th quarter ... ha.
Quote:Mularkey was given a bad hand of cards. There is no way anyone can judge him based on the roster Gene provided. Regarding his ability to develope Gabbert, our existing coaching staff failed at that one too. Heck, I know Moses parted the Red Sea but I don't think he could have even developed Gabbert.

The Mularkey era should be shredded and not count for him or against him.

What about the Buffalo Bills era when he ultimately resigned on his team?
Pages: 1 2