Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Joeckle and Blackmon. How much do they change the current Jaguar team?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Joeckle: He had to face some elite nfl pass rushers in his first few games. He was also learning to play RT at the time.  He handled himself very well under the circumstances.  Joeckle was improving every week and actually looked good his last few weeks. In his short showing at LT he looked natural and was shutting his man down.  Joeckle commented he is going to take the time off to improve his upper body strength.  When Joeckle is back on the line and healthy he is going to make a dramatic change. Having a LT the QB can trust to block his blindside will give a QB confidence.

Blackmon:  This guy is an enigma.  Blackmon has shown he has the talent to become a superstar in this league.  If Blackmon gets a reliable QB he will be a force in this league. He has shown he has the tools on the field to be a gamebreaker.  Run away speed, power to run through tacklers, shiftyness, soft hands, and just dominance are traits you just can't teach. Having Blackmon back will have a dramatic change in the offense.  Cecil shorts is a good McCardell type receiver.  Shorts is a good #2 but needs a #1 to improve his game.  Blackmon gives us that #1 receiver.  The main issue is his drug problem. Alcohol, Weed,powder, whatever it is has taken a big hold on his life. I fear one more strike and his NFL career is over.

Well with them playing the team is most certainly better, and I think with them the team would pull out the Bills and Titans games.

Towards the end of the season the Jags were injury plagued. While healthy I think the end of season team is a 7-9 ish squad.

If both come back and contribute, it will be like having 3 first round picks this year. That's a nice change of pace.

I think the team would be a lot better simply due to the fact that 2 of our question marks (O-Line and Receiver) will instantly be better.  Blackmon is a stud, and I hope he can play this year because he is a difference maker on our offense for sure (and I hope he gets his life together).  If you know these guys are coming back and making the offense that much stronger, it really changes the way you look at the draft.  "like having 3 first round picks picks this year" is correct and would be awesome.

That being said, I don't believe the Jags front office hasn't been given some indication as to whether Blackmon will be reinstated or not.  They might admit to knowing, but too much money is involved with a small group of people to not know.  I can't imagine the leagues owners would create a system of rules to keep any of their colleagues (or themselves) in the dark about multi-million dollar investments.  

Quote:If both come back and contribute, it will be like having 3 first round picks this year. That's a nice change of pace.

My sentiments exactly. As we speak, Luke is getting stronger. Boselli said that Luke never could make the transition to right tackle. That's probably the major reason for letting Monroe go. With a full spring training and summer camp, Boselli thinks he can be exceptional. Having Blackmon back makes things a lot easier for Shorts. He won't be the focal point of the defense. Maybe that will translate into him staying healthy throughout the season. We need to draft another very good WR in either this draft or the next. Hopefully, someone who can take the top off a defense. All this said, he will need to stay on top of his demons.
He didn't play a full game at LT btw.. 

Quote:If both come back and contribute, it will be like having 3 first round picks this year. That's a nice change of pace.
That worked out well for the Vikings last year XD
Quote:He didn't play a full game at LT btw..

Right as I said short showing
WHat the hell is a "Joeckle"? :blink: 

Quote:Right as I said short showing
He hardly played a quarter before the injury. really nothing to go by. 

Mike1989

I haven't seen enough of Joeckel to make a judgement on what his impact to the current O-Line would be. He has the talent to be a very good LT, perhaps even an elite LT in time. So when he comes back healthy and gets a full off season under his belt at LT, then I think he could begin to show why this team drafted him 2nd overall. 

As for Blackmon, the kid has the ability to be a star wide receiver. If he can get himself sorted out, and stay out of trouble, then he can come back and make a big contribution without a doubt. When he came in this season he showed that he can be that go to guy, and he did that with a below average quarterback. He also took a lot of pressure off Cecil Shorts. So put this guy on the field with a good quarterback, and I honestly believe that him and Cecil can become one of the league's best WR duos. The issue here is whether or not he can sort out his issues and behave. 

Quote:That worked out well for the Vikings last year XD

They weren't all top five picks, and the were actual rookies. We're basically and adding 3 top 5 picks, two of which have had NFL game experience.

How much do they change the current Jaguar team?   

Well - Jockel should play LT better than Bradfield.  That could show up as a slight uptick in offensive production.  (more time for the QB/cleaner pocket + improved running lanes on the left side)

Blackmon - if he's able to see the field and stay there would have a greater impact on the scoreboard, IMO.  He's got the ability to be a game-changer.   He averaged 104 yards receiving per game in his brief appearance this season.  

they don't change the team...we may win one more game with them...but we are not a play off team.

Quote:WHat the hell is a "Joeckle"? :blink:

Maybe he meant jackal??
Quote:They weren't all top five picks, and the were actual rookies. We're basically and adding 3 top 5 picks, two of which have had NFL game experience.
I don't mean to be a downer but I have a bad feeling about Joeckel.. he was terrible at RT and for some reason I don't think him swapping sides is gonna make a big difference.. hope i'm wrong tho. 
I think Bradfield did a fine job.  Even if Joeckel plays better, it will be marginal improvement at LT..  

Look at my other thread "is it smart taking a tackle in the top 5" for more discussion about that.

I personally don't think it is.

Blackmon can be a game changer but I doubt he plays for us.
this^
Joeckel was not a great RT with his "greenness" on that side, but should be a major improvement moving back to his natural LT spot. With another offseason of NFL work, he will pay dividends for the team this year in keeping a new QB safe on the blind side.

Blackmon needs someone, a mature player or coach, to take him in and watch over and guide him 24 hours a day. The young man has immense talent, but has to be on the field for such talent to have any value. The draft is very deep at WR with many juniors coming in. If the Jags pick up a good WR, Blackmon could become a LB's or NB's nightmare in the slot and a new QB's dream.

If these two can stay on the field this next year, they will absolutely be difference makers for this team.
Without a quality starting QB. Not much.

It's really that simple.
Pages: 1 2