Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Favorite Movie Lines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I know we have had a favorite movies thread earlier.  Don't know if we've touched on any favorite lines.  Well, that and I wanted to prove I wasn't to stoopid to start a thread.

Some off the top of my head:

"We're gonna need a bigger boat."

"I'm a zit.  Get it?"

"I am not a smart man, but I know what love is."

"I'll be back."

"You can't handle the truth."

"If you build it, he will come."

"And ToTo too?"  (I just like saying that one)

"TELL ME ABOUT THE [BLEEP] GOLF SHOES!"
http://youtu.be/bUs-oQkduNw

It's all in the delivery.

My favorite movie quote of all time can best be understood in the context of the entire conversation:

Josie Wales: You a bounty hunter?

Bounty hunter: A man's got to do something for a living these days.

Wales: Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEClGMJ2r3g

Chump don't want the help, chump don't get the help.

http://youtu.be/fXSLcYQHqFQ

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"Andy Dufresne - who crawled through a river of [BAD WORD REMOVED] and came out clean on the other side."

"Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!"

"Death is but a door.  Time is but a window.  I'll be back."

"I don't know who you are.  I don't know what you want.  If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money.  But what I do have are a particular set of skills;  skills I have acquired over a very long career.  Skills that make me a nighmare for people like you.  If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it.  I will not look for you.  I will not pursue you.  But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius.  Father to a murdered son.  Husband to a murdered wife.  And I will have my vengeance.  In this life or the next."

"Forgiveness is between them and God. It’s my job to arrange the meeting"

"

"Give me the [BAD WORD REMOVED] gun Tre!!!!"

"we'll get our break too, Lloyd, we just have to keep our eyes open"....

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks in to mine........ Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca

"I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it." (Shawshank)

"An hour of life is still life" (Schindler)
"Hey everyone, we're all gonna get laid!!!"

"You talkin' to me?"

- DeNiro as Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver
Otis loves us.

There is but one quote that matters:

Every man dies, not every man really lives.

"Goodbye mama, now you can have ice cream in heaven! I'll see you again tonight when I go to bed in my head movies. But this head movie makes my eyes rain!"
Swing away Merrill. Merrill... swing away.

What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny"? "Make yourself at home"? "Marry my daughter"? You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
"SAY WHAT AGAIN!"

Kay: "Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."

"Hi, I'm Martin Blank, you remember me? I'm not married, I don't have any kids, but I'd blow your head off if someone paid me enough."

"Being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning. It's about you and your relationship with yourself, your family and your friends. Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didn't let them down because you told them the truth. And that truth is you did everything you could. There wasn't one more thing you could've done. Can you live in that moment as best you can, with clear eyes, and love in your heart... with joy in your heart? If you can do that gentleman - you're perfect!"

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."

"What's the most you ever lost on a coin toss?"

"...This is the business we've chosen"

"Now yous can't leave"

"What is your major malfunction numbnut? Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?"
Quote: 

"Now yous can't leave"

Forgot that one. Good one. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6