Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: When do stadium upgrades begin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
People in the know, please post progress pictures.

I was at the Gator Bowl two days ago and can tell you they have not started yet. But I believe they will sometime this month.

I am interested in seeing what seats are being removed. I had heard 7k were being taken out but have not seen which ones.

Would be great if those seats being removed means zero tarps going forward.

Quote:I was at the Gator Bowl two days ago and can tell you they have not started yet. But I believe they will sometime this month.

I am interested in seeing what seats are being removed. I had heard 7k were being taken out but have not seen which ones.

Would be great if those seats being removed means zero tarps going forward.

I believe the majority of seats being removed are in the north end zone.

I always thought a good idea would be to put the seats in the 400 sections on tracks so they could space them out accordingly to expand capacity.
Quote:I believe the majority of seats being removed are in the north end zone.

I always thought a good idea would be to put the seats in the 400 sections on tracks so they could space them out accordingly to expand capacity.

One thing I notice though is in most stadiums, there is limited end zone seating. In Pittsburgh, there are barely any seats at all in the end zone.
Quote:One thing I notice though is in most stadiums, there is limited end zone seating. In Pittsburgh, there are barely any seats at all in the end zone.
Helps sell the more expensive sideline seats.
pretty sure the seats under the tarps in the north end zone are the ones being removed to put the pool in.

The new construction will carve out the entire tarped section of the NEZ.  Not sure how far down into the 200 section of the NEZ that will go, but it will encompass all of the tarps there, and it will eliminate the 300 section all together.  I don't think the offset will be enough to eliminate all of the tarps, but it's a good start, and it will provide us with a unique feature that will separate us from the other stadiums in the league. 

The work was supposed to start almost immediately after the Gator Bowl, so I would imagine we'll start to see activity down there in the next week or two.

Is it really going to be a swimming pool int he traditional sense? I read somewhere that it was going to be something like a "water feature" but I don't know what that means. Any clue guys?

Quote:Is it really going to be a swimming pool int he traditional sense? I read somewhere that it was going to be something like a "water feature" but I don't know what that means. Any clue guys?

I've honestly seen it described as both. But more recently as a "water feature".

Quote:The new construction will carve out the entire tarped section of the NEZ.  Not sure how far down into the 200 section of the NEZ that will go, but it will encompass all of the tarps there, and it will eliminate the 300 section all together.  I don't think the offset will be enough to eliminate all of the tarps, but it's a good start, and it will provide us with a unique feature that will separate us from the other stadiums in the league. 

The work was supposed to start almost immediately after the Gator Bowl, so I would imagine we'll start to see activity down there in the next week or two.

I was trying to picture at the last home game what seats will be gone. And I almost think it has to be a good chunk of the 200's in the NEZ if it equals 7k.
Taking away the cheap seats, so fans have to buy the more expensive seats. I.e. Less 45 dollar seats. Just saying. :yes:

I don't think it's a "swimming pool" as most think, but more so just a water feature like a fountain or something similar. Don't think a pool would go down well.

Quote:Taking away the cheap seats, so fans have to buy the more expensive seats. I.e. Less 45 dollar seats. Just saying. :yes:
There are still plenty of cheap seats available if that is what someone is looking for.
Quote:I don't think it's a "swimming pool" as most think, but more so just a water feature like a fountain or something similar. Don't think a pool would go down well.

That's correct. It's going to be a fountain of some sort.  Not a pool as originally reported.  Granted, that won't stop the yokels from trying to jump in after a few frosty brews.
Quote:That's correct. It's going to be a fountain of some sort. Not a pool as originally reported. Granted, that won't stop the yokels from trying to jump in after a few frosty brews.
Damn.

I was ready for a few Busches and a dip in my jorts.
If you look at the renderings there appears to be a couple of small pools along the bottom that  have glass front walls. Looks like a person swimming in them.  http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/...ge_gallery

Quote:Damn.

I was ready for a few Busches and a dip in my jorts.

You put what in your where?!?!
Quote:Taking away the cheap seats, so fans have to buy the more expensive seats. I.e. Less 45 dollar seats. Just saying. :yes:

The NEZ isn't the "cheap seats". The upper deck are the cheap seats, which are not going anywhere.

Just saying.  :yes:
Quote:You put what in your where?!?!

Think he'll need a funnel for that??
The 300 permanent seats will be gone as well as some of the 200 level NEZ..  Those 300 level seats will be put back in for FL-GA with temporaries like they have in SEZ  to expand the seating into the 82K range for that game...  All the folks who sit in 300's now will be put into the upper decks, probably east side in those corner sections that currently have tarps...

I bet the Jags put up some sort of Web Cam showing the progress....

My question is what about the Monster Truck show which usually is in February???  

Quote:The 300 permanent seats will be gone as well as some of the 200 level NEZ..  Those 300 level seats will be put back in for FL-GA with temporaries like they have in SEZ  to expand the seating into the 82K range for that game...  All the folks who sit in 300's now will be put into the upper decks, probably east side in those corner sections that currently have tarps...

I bet the Jags put up some sort of Web Cam showing the progress....

My question is what about the Monster Truck show which usually is in February???  
I would imagine the monster truck show will have a lower capacity as the team will probably close off at least one of the end zones while it's under construction. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4