Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trash Talking in Online Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I'm pretty sure that everyone who has a video game console has experienced this at least once while playing online, but I thought that I might as well share this, as I think that this is a pretty serious subject.

The reason why I am talking about this is because it happened to me today online while playing Call of Duty Ghosts, and I just sat there and thought to myself: "What kind of people can act so depressed, and get so angry over a video game?" I mean, it's just a game. Whatever happens to you isn't actually going to affect your life in anyway, so why be so upset? 

TBH, the same can be said for many of the people on this forum who get so upset over football games. I'll admit, that I get upset over them too sometimes. But, I realized awhile ago that the Jags losing a football game, or 16 football games, isn't going to affect my life in any positive, or negative way.

I have to ask these questions: Is this all a consequence of the Digital Age, and Late 20th-21st Century technology? Is this where the Human race is heading? A society without any feeling, or emotion simply because you can't interact with people, or see them in any physical way?

I'm interested in hearing everyone's personal thoughts on this.

Just deal with it you puke-face jerk.

Tongue

That's what I don't like about cOD. You don't have that happen when playing BF4. I don't play any other games. But I don't know why it's so bad on COD. Very irritating. I'm sure their are many reasons why it happens. I don't think it's one reason across the board. You have some people or kids that are just brats. They sit in their rooms playing video games and their parents don't make them get off of it or get on to them for acting like brats online. Spoiled kids. People who are big and bad online because they are many miles from who they are talking to. What really bothers me is when I played COD a lot you hear a black man say well, anything at all and you have two or three guys calling him the n word. Really??? Call him and his friends that to his face! I'll back out of those lobbies. I'm not playing with those idiots. But like I said BF4, has been very pleasant. Had it since it came out and I have yet to hear anything like that. Anyone who talks usually is talking about the game and being helpful.
Idk, I never got people who got really upset over games both athletic events and video games. Even when I play terrible in video games I laugh it off, because at the end of the day tis but a game.

When the Jags suck it up I feel a bit let down from time to time but then I just look forward to the next week...and in this case, the draft. I've seen groups of middle-aged men fight or cry over football games...sometimes both. I just don't get it. 

It's called having maturity.  The next step in becoming more mature is to not play video games.  I'm not quite there yet.

Over time you'll lose interest in video games altogether I guess some people never out grow them but for me they lost their appeal several years ago. Even my brother in law the most diehard gamer I new eventually out grew them.
Quote:Over time you'll lose interest in video games altogether I guess some people never out grow them but for me they lost their appeal several years ago. Even my brother in law the most diehard gamer I new eventually out grew them.

Getting sex on a regular basis cures most guys of video game addiction!! :whistling:
Whew, I just got done with a mean session of CoD.  That one dude, Mr.Bchbunnie4, is unbeatable!   B)

Quote:Whew, I just got done with a mean session of CoD.  That one dude, Mr.Bchbunnie4, is unbeatable!   B)

Mr Bunny has never played a video game in his life!! Even when baby bunny was little and played Super Mario...he didn't play with him!! :no:

I, on the other hand, have been know to play a video game or two!! :thumbsup:
Quote:Getting sex on a regular basis cures most guys of video game addiction!! :whistling:

Thus the four children in my picture........
Quote:Thus the four children in my picture........

See...I speak the truth!! :yes:
Quote:Mr Bunny has never played a video game in his life!! Even when baby bunny was little and played Super Mario...he didn't play with him!! :no:

I, on the other hand, have been know to play a video game or two!! :thumbsup:

So is Mr. Bunny the one who told you about this addiction cure?  I guess it worked at least once, anyway.   :yes:
Quote:So is Mr. Bunny the one who told you about this addiction cure?  I guess it worked at least once, anyway.   :yes:

I think that only works on guys... :whistling:
I dont care much for online games inless it's an MMORPG. But I have never had that problem with other gamers. Maybe I have been lucky or more fortunate than most. When I was a kid though, I would get so mad if I couldn't get past a level I'd literally punch myself in the head or bang my head against a wall. This is when I was barey six or seven though. And I was playing games like Mega Man and Super Ghouls and Ghosts which was really a more fast paced and aggravating version of Super Mario Bros.

Quote:I think that only works on guys... :whistling:

So that's why women won't give up their video game joysticks.    
Quote:So that's why women won't give up their video game joysticks.

I don't know any woman that are addicted to video games like guys are! :whistling:

We still have all our old game systems...every now and then my son and I will have retro game night and break out the classics! I still love Mario!! Love
Zelda will always have a place in my library.

Quote:Over time you'll lose interest in video games altogether I guess some people never out grow them but for me they lost their appeal several years ago. Even my brother in law the most diehard gamer I new eventually out grew them.

WHen I was younger, I had at minimum 17 games a year on my PS1.

Now, I only play Madden, NBA 2K3, and NFS Rivals on a regular basis on my PS4.

Quote:Getting sex on a regular basis cures most guys of video game addiction!! :whistling:

This^

Quote:Zelda will always have a place in my library.

I agree!
I actually dated a gamer chick once.. Not as cool as you think it may be.. Got tired of hearing "STOP!!!.. AFTER THIS LEVEL"

Pages: 1 2