Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump fires FBI Director Comey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Trump fires FBI Director Comey

President Trump on Tuesday fired FBI Director James Comey, abruptly ending a rocky year-long stretch for the top law enforcement officer who came under fire for his handling of the Clinton email probe -- and whose agency has been investigating whether Trump's campaign had ties to Russia.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/...comey.html

With a tip of the hat to Richard Nixon during the Watergate scandal, Donald Trump has fired the director of the FBI that was investigating the link of the Russian government to the Trump campaign.

As an American citizen, I can honestly say, "This stinks."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politics/j...index.html

Bad move the optics alone make it a bad move
So Comey doesn't rule out investigating Trump for collusion with Russia, and Trump immediately fires him?

Yeah, that's a great look for the Prez. Totally not going to draw any more prying eyes.

President Trump, meet Archibald Cox.
The reason they gave is pretty laughable but I'm sure the rabble are waiting eagerly for their talking points and will let us know how this is not a nefarious action. 

Comey is a weak man with a weak chin. He had it coming.
Quote:The reason they gave is pretty laughable but I'm sure the rabble are waiting eagerly for their talking points and will let us know how this is not a nefarious action. 

Case in point...

Quote:Comey is a weak man with a weak chin. He had it coming.
So the real reason Comey was poop-canned today, per multiple sources, is that grand jury subpoenas went out in the Russia investigation and inner circle Trump advisors "panicked".

It's an odd move timing wise (personally the firing of Comey should have came shortly after he took office after he ran Clinton into the ground during his campaign about the investigation) and then again it's not. Comey never questioned Clinton under oath. Comey never recorded or documented the interview with Clinton. Comey never admitted to warnings from Florida LEO (Orlando Shooting) and he used bogus British dossier to gain FISA warrant to monitor Trump. He also lied about notifying the White House timeline wise regarding the DNI and counter-intel investigations. 

Like it or not. He's a shady individual as well. And I don't like Trump at all. Just want to make things very clear up front. I've been vocal about that I think since day one. But you have to call a spade a spade when it's clearly a spade. Comey is a major piece of [BAD WORD REMOVED]. Just like James Clapper and John Brennan. And I am tired of the bull [BAD WORD REMOVED] about Russia. Let it the [BAD WORD REMOVED] go already. 

Whether they were involved or not doesn't change the fact that Clinton was a crooked piece of [BAD WORD REMOVED] just like her husband has and always will be. And it doesn't mean I am painting Trump out to be a saint because we all know he has a long history of being a manipulative piece of [BAD WORD REMOVED] on his end as well. Very rarely do you see multi billionaires in this country or on the globe at any level in politics there because they did it cleanly and honestly. Most fortunes are built off the very foundation of lies, deceit and loop holes. 

His rise is no different or better than the best of the liars and cheaters out there. But it happens. Trump wasn't the first president to ever be elected that goes back on his policies and views. And he won't be the last. This is what our [BAD WORD REMOVED] box political system is all about. Garbage in, garbage out. 

Americans lost faith in the FBI. Both parties. It had to be done. Why are people even surprised? 

Anybody who did what Clinton did would have been with these guys. Comey was as corrupt as they came.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Quote:Bad move the optics alone make it a bad move

Don't fall for the lies.
Quote:It's an odd move timing wise (personally the firing of Comey should have came shortly after he took office after he ran Clinton into the ground during his campaign about the investigation) and then again it's not. Comey never questioned Clinton under oath. Comey never recorded or documented the interview with Clinton. Comey never admitted to warnings from Florida LEO (Orlando Shooting)....

The timing makes more sense when you break down how this happened. It's become abundantly clear that the Deputy District Attorney Rod Rosenstein had a clear agenda from the get-go to get Comey fired. He even canvassed all available former Attorneys General and Deputy Attorneys General to get their opinion, and they all agreed that Comey over-stepped his bounds as the FBI Chief. This surely would have been done much sooner if it wasn't for Rosentein only finally getting confirmed two weeks ago.

Quote:The timing makes more sense when you break down how this happened. It's become abundantly clear that the Deputy District Attorney Rod Rosenstein had a clear agenda from the get-go to get Comey fired. He even canvassed all available former Attorneys General and Deputy Attorneys General to get their opinion, and they all agreed that Comey over-stepped his bounds as the FBI Chief. This surely would have been done much sooner if it wasn't for Rosentein only finally getting confirmed two weeks ago.

Don't let the facts get in the way of fantasy.
Investigate Clinton. Comey rocks. Go Comey

Investigate Trump. Gets the apprentice tv show treatment. Aaah...weak chinned dude that runs an organization no one trusts. Deserved it.

Lol. Can't make this clown show up.

Sad.
Every news outlet should be celebrating the fact that Trump won the election. 

.... definitely never a dull moment !!

Quote:Investigate Clinton. Comey rocks. Go Comey

Investigate Trump. Gets the apprentice tv show treatment. Aaah...weak chinned dude that runs an organization no one trusts. Deserved it.

Lol. Can't make this clown show up.

Sad.

The clown show is on the left, and you're a willing participant.

Congrats?

Look for the next Director to bring professionalism back to the position.  Just as with all the clowns jettisoned from the previous debacle of a regime.
Firing Comey does nothing to stop an investigation for possible ties with Russia. Please, give the rest of the FBI some credit. If there is anything, it will be found. Comey is a clown who politicized his position and should never have. 

Had Hillary been elected she'd a canned him the next day and the democrats would have been overjoyed. 

Quote:Don't fall for the lies.

I get it why it was done but doing it now at this present time is a tough sell. Timing is everything in politics trumps gotta start seeing that.
Quote:I get it why it was done but doing it now at this present time is a tough sell. Timing is everything in politics trumps gotta start seeing that.

You let's what's right guide you.

If "optics" is your concern then you're falling for the bull [BLEEP] the left is feeding.

Right is right, no matter the timing.  Look at the facts of the matter, not how fools are choosing to spin it to fit their agenda.
Pages: 1 2 3 4