Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colts are 7,000 tickets short of a sellout for playoff game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-saturday/

London Colts? I'm sure the usual suspects have some valid reason we are all unaware of as to why there are tickets remaining.

Quote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-saturday/

London Colts? I'm sure the usual suspects have some valid reason we are all unaware of as to why there are tickets remaining.

Probably because PSLs only apply to the regular season.
Quote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-saturday/

The Bengals are also having trouble selling out their playoff game.

It's tough. The economy is still not great. Some fans can only afford one playoff game and have to decide if they want to take a risk and wait for a possible second game.

God knows how many tickets Shad Khan would have to buy to avoid a blackout if the Jaguars hosted a playoff game (I know, I know). I'm a season ticket holder and it's not easy to come up with the money. Finding cash for a playoff game, or two, would be difficult.
That's just it. It's "the economy" in 31 other cities, but never here.

Quote:That's just it. It's "the economy" in 31 other cities, but never here.
I know. It's those tarps. Once they're gone next season perhaps perceptions will begin to change.
Quote:The Bengals are also having trouble selling out their playoff game.It's tough. The economy is still not great. Some fans can only afford one playoff game and have to decide if they want to take a risk and wait for a possible second game.God knows how many tickets Shad Khan would have to buy to avoid a blackout if the Jaguars hosted a playoff game (I know, I know). I'm a season ticket holder and it's not easy to come up with the money. Finding cash for a playoff game, or two, would be difficult.

Especially right after the holidays!!
15,000 unsold for the Packers playoff game.

LONDON PACKERS??!?!?!??

Honestly though, tickets just went on sale yesterday.

I'd be shocked if they don't sell out. Oh, and Packers will probably be sold out too. In case you were worried.

Quote:Honestly though, tickets just went on sale yesterday.

I'd be shocked if they don't sell out. Oh, and Packers will probably be sold out too. In case you were worried.

I'd be shocked if Indy doesn't do their ticket sales like they're done here for the playoffs.

Season ticket holders are given the option of buying possible home playoff game tickets weeks in advance of any game if the possibility of the playoffs is realistic.

The tickets likely will "sell" (not to "fans," but to someone) in the end.
Quote:I'd be shocked if Indy doesn't do their ticket sales like they're done here for the playoffs.

Season ticket holders are given the option of buying possible home playoff game tickets weeks in advance of any game if the possibility of the playoffs is realistic.

The tickets likely will "sell" (not to "fans," but to someone) in the end.

That's what they do here too. I'm a season ticket holder & we bought our tickets a couple weeks ago.

Also, Bengals still have 10,000 tickets left to sell. Seems like everyone still has tickets to sell.
Quote:That's what they do here too. I'm a season ticket holder & we bought our tickets a couple weeks ago.

Also, Bengals still have 10,000 tickets left to sell. Seems like everyone still has tickets to sell.

As was said earlier, it's only an issue when it fits with the desired narrative for it to be an issue.
Quote:As was said earlier, it's only an issue when it fits with the desired narrative for it to be an issue.

?
Quote:?

He's basically saying if the situation the Colts, Bengals, etc. was happening in Jacksonville, the media would say its because Jacksonville doesnt support its team.
Quote:He's basically saying if the situation the Colts, Bengals, etc. was happening in Jacksonville, the media would say its because Jacksonville doesnt support its team.
Well, Okie is wrong. If the narrative was only anti-Jacksonville this wouldn't be news at all.

Doesn't Florio realize he's screwing up "the narrative" by giving the ticket issue publicity?
Quote:Well, Okie is wrong. If the narrative was only anti-Jacksonville this wouldn't be news at all.

Doesn't Florio realize he's screwing up "the narrative" by giving the ticket issue publicity?

When I read those on PFT, the only one I see as relatively negative is the Bengals write up because they have had ticket selling issues in the past.  The Colts and Packers seems to me to have a different tone.  Everyone knows those will sell out.
Quote:Well, Okie is wrong. If the narrative was only anti-Jacksonville this wouldn't be news at all.

Really? I've never seen an article about the clots or bengals moving to LA or London.

Florio's news note proves nothing, the silence from all other media outlets regarding the viability of franchises in these cities is what speaks volumes.
Its been a while Oklahomie, but prior to the Manning era when the Colts were lucky to sell 40K per game there was a LOT of talk about the Colts moving.  
 Part of the problem is the hassle getting to and from....the overpriced consessions..and it is the holidays. Why would i set in freezing weather drink $9 beer and fight a traffic jam both ways when I can be at home and watch the game HD for free. I am sure many feel that way.

Trust me more than once I have wondered why I put up with the traffic leaving the stadium as i try to get out to start my 5 hour drive home.  If you are not a serious fan and/or really enjoy the game experience watching at home may be far better for you. Just MHO.

Quote:That's what they do here too. I'm a season ticket holder & we bought our tickets a couple weeks ago.

Yeah, season ticket holders usually get an advanced notice that they can buy playoff tickets before anything has been locked up.  It's been a while, but we got the letter for our last playoff run in the event they managed to host a game.  I saw these reports about Indy, GB, and Cincy not being sold out and it was a big so what to me.  The games aren't going to be blacked out in any of these cities. 
You mean the Baltimore, er... indianapolis clots?

Pages: 1 2 3 4