Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bradley's Staff to Coach Senior Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/12/30/...es-jaguars

I'm excited. Bradley and co will be able to get a great look at some of these guys.

I see a "ONE GIANT JAGUARS COACHING SENIOR BOWL THREAD" thread coming.

Don't all teams send representatives and coaches to Mobile for that week anyway? Is it really that much of a benefit over any other normal year? 

Quote:Don't all teams send representatives and coaches to Mobile for that week anyway? Is it really that much of a benefit over any other normal year? 

Yes, but the teams coaching at the Senior Bowl know a lot more than the guys who are just watching it.
Quote:Don't all teams send representatives and coaches to Mobile for that week anyway? Is it really that much of a benefit over any other normal year? 

Absolutely. You get to spend one on one time with prospects and see how they respond to coaching.
Also, one on one interaction with the prospects such as foot rubs and shoulder massages (so long as they're not prudes).

And if they are prudes, we wouldn't want them anyways. No room for Quakers and choirboys on the GusBus!
is it official?! Then great news. I hope Carr and Fales work with our staff.

Jack Del Rio and his staff coached the winning Senior Bowl South team in 2009, the same year the Jaguars drafted Eugene Monroe, Eben Britton, Terence Knighton, Derek Cox, Mike Thomas, Jarett Dillard, Zach Miller, Rashad Jennings and Tiquan Underwood. Russel Allen was signed as an UDFA that year, also. Only Allen remains on the roster.

Of those, only Rashad Jennings played in the 2009 Senior Bowl, on Del Rio's South squad.

Vic declared that in 2009 Gene Smith had drafted the franchise's bookend tackles for the next decade and fixed the receiver position, all in one draft.

Here is the 2009 Senior Bowl Wiki page, including rosters.

I can see no downside for Gus and his staff as far as coaching one side in the Senior Bowl goes.

The benefits of our staff being able to work hands on with the players and teaching them our concepts and seeing how they respond cannot be overstated.  This would be a big win for our scouting/coaching staff.

Quote:Vic declared that in 2009 Gene Smith had drafted the franchise's bookend tackles for the next decade and fixed the receiver position, all in one draft.

What's the opposite of "clairvoyant"?
Quote:What's the opposite of "clairvoyant"?

Fraud.

No, wait. That's synonymous. I'm not sure.

You're downplaying it's impact. Shocking.
http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...ff17c8720a

It's official Jags will coach the South squad

Yes, it's a benefit. Gus and the other coaches get to personally work with all of the players rather than just watching/interviewing them. Any advantage is better for us.
Quote:http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...ff17c8720a

It's official Jags will coach the South squad

Awesome
I will cheer on the team they coach. 

Atlanta's staff will be coaching the North squad. That alone might send a certain someone spiraling out of control.

It is an advantage in the scouting process to be on the field coaching.
Quote:Atlanta's staff will be coaching the North squad. That alone might send a certain someone spiraling out of control.
It'll be a glittery descent. 
That's awesome!
Pages: 1 2 3 4