Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Lageman expects Gabbert to be traded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just said so on TV,

That would would be awesome to get some kind of picks, anything, for him.....

I wonder if there are any people interested.

A 2020 7th round pick.
Quote:A 2020 7th round pick.

You forgot that it was conditinal and that it was for "Gabbert and other cash considerations"
Quote:Just said so on TV,

That would would be awesome to get some kind of picks, anything, for him.....

I wonder if there are any people interested.

He's still on his cheap rookie contract.

Someone will trade him for a conditional pick which will likely end up as nothing when he doesn't play or gets cut.
Traded to who? Would anyone want him?
Quote:Traded to who? Would anyone want him?
Because he's 23, has no guaranteed money a team taking him would have to assume, he'll likely go for a conditional pick, which means they can't lose on the deal, and everyone in the NFL thinks the Jaguars are inept so someone will take a flyer on the Jaguars being wrong.
Quote:Because he's 23, has no guaranteed money a team taking him would have to assume, he'll likely go for a conditional pick, which means they can't lose on the deal, and everyone in the NFL thinks the Jaguars are inept so someone will take a flyer on the Jaguars being wrong.

Okay...that makes sense. Thanks!
Best case would be a 6th round pick
I think it would be pointless to trade him for a conditional pick.

If you don't think he can play, and therefore want to get rid of him (trade him), why would u expect him to make a team or play somewhere else?

Either you trade him to a team that believes in him for a good value (5th-6th rounder), or you just cut your losses.

Quote:I think it would be pointless to trade him for a conditional pick.

If you don't think he can play, and therefore want to get rid of him (trade him), why would u expect him to make a team or play somewhere else?

Either you trade him to a team that believes in him for a good value (5th-6th rounder), or you just cut your losses.
I think that's the plan but you must try to get something back first
Of course it would happen now.

everyone is ponying up a ham sammich when we all have leftover ham from Christmas. Sad
We are giving our 7th round pick to New England to take Gabbs off our hands
Traded?.....lol....traded??

Hey, if we can, more power to Caldwell....

I'd doubt we fetch a pick for him, but we'll see. 

Quote:Traded?.....lol....traded??

Hey, if we can, more power to Caldwell....

I'd doubt we fetch a pick for him, but we'll see. 

lol I thought the same thing.  But Lageman tends to be very knowledgeable..  I hope we get something for Gabbert - remember, a lot of GMs were very high on him. 

Maybe someone thinks that Gabbert just wasn't going to succeed in Jax under Del Rio/ Mularkey and the offensive "weapons" we had for him early on, and are willing to give him a chance.  Would be awesome.
Lol no one is giving up anything for Blaine. 

More than a few NFL player personnel fell in love with Gabbert's potential coming out of college. Never underestimate the power of the human ego. Somebody out there may very well still think Gabbert is worth a limited level of risk.

If it happens, Caldwell is a genius.
I'd be shocked if we could get anything.

Quote:If it happens, Caldwell is a genius.
And Gene Smith is a fool.
Good luck on that.  Even though his contract isn't crazy or anything, I doubt anyone would still want to take that on.  It would have to be a conditional pick.  He's gotten enough chances at this point too.  I'm sure he'll be in someone's camp next year, but I'm not sure he even sticks as a backup.

Pages: 1 2 3 4