Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gratz Injury Prone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
He suffered a high ankle sprain and will again be out against Indy. This will be his 6th missed game this season and you have to start to wonder if he will prove to be an injury prone type of player. Hopefully we can add a few more pieces in the secondary in the off season.

Too early to tell.  I do hope we bring back Ball and Blackmon though, hopefully on similar deals.

Gratz = Cox without the trade up. 

He's a rookie that started 8 games and has had 2 injuries. 

In those 8 games - he's accrued 32 tackles - 2 INTs -  3 passes defended - and 2 tackles for loss.    

I think he projects to be a good CB.    Whether or not he'll have an injury issue remains to be seen.  

Here's hoping he'll be healthy next season and take a step forward.  Too soon to call the injuries a problem for a rookie, IMO.   Next year at this time would be a better time to make that call. 

Quote:Too early to tell.  I do hope we bring back Ball and Blackmon though, hopefully on similar deals.

I agree that its too early to tell.  He appears to be a #1 corner if he can stay on the field.
Quote:Gratz = Cox without the trade up. 

Solid analysis 
Quote:Solid analysis

Maybe...maybe not. It's the last meaningless game of the now meaningless season. There's really no reason to play him if he's a little hobbled.

Now, if it's another high ankle sprain (or comparable severity), that's another story.
The way I understood it, Gratz reaggravated the same sprain he had earlier this year. Not sure I'd call that injury prone.
Cut him. How dare he not play in week 17 of a non-playoff season.
Hopefully he heals up nicely and is 100% for training camp. Definitely a promising player. Nice find by Dave and co. Even as a UConn alum, I didn't have very high expectations for Gratz and thought Wreh-Wilson was the better corner. Very excited for future drafts with Caldwell.
1 year is definitely enough time for a complete analysis. Well done everyone.
LOL at the hand-wringers in this thread. All I suggested is that he may be injury prone and it is something to watch going forward. I never suggested he be cut or that he should already be considered injury prone, hence the "?" in the title. I should have known this board couldn't handle it and would go off the deep end, so I suppose that is my fault.

Joeckel is injury prone. Mojo is injury prone. Aaron Rodgers is injury prone.

Derek Cox actually played all 16 games his rookie year. So Gratz < Cox
Quote:Joeckel is injury prone. Mojo is injury prone. Aaron Rodgers is injury prone.

Derek Cox actually played all 16 games his rookie year. So Gratz < Cox

Cox might very well be > Gratz
Quote:Solid analysis 

I know it was. Right to the point. Non convoluted.
Quote:Cox might very well be > Gratz

I doubt that. Cox is a bum.
I hope we bring back Ball and Blackmon but also add another young corner pretty early in the draft. Either as insurance for Gratz or to eventually start aside Gratz.

Quote:I hope we bring back Ball and Blackmon but also add another young corner pretty early in the draft. Either as insurance for Gratz or to eventually start aside Gratz.

Yep. Also keep in mind Browner and Thurmond are free agents this year. Sure, Browner faces the suspension, but he could come even cheaper as a result. Both are very strong players with experience in the Gus Bradley system.
Quote:Cox might very well be > Gratz

Lol. You're trying to hard to troll now.
Next playing season, Ball and Blackmon will be 29 and 30 respectively. Although I would like to see both brought back, starting quality youth at CB for a rebuilding team is desirable.
Pages: 1 2 3