Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Did I hear right on ESPN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was sort of in and out after a big christmas dinner.  I'm pretty sure I heard someone say they predicted the Jags/Falcons in the 49th Superbowl.  I might have been dreaming Christmas wishes althought can anybody straighten me out?  I think it was based off of respect for Bradleys style.

If anybody was really stupid enough to say that, he needs to get his eyes checked. Both teams are a couple years away from going back to the playoffs.

Quote:If anybody was really stupid enough to say that, he needs to get his eyes checked. Both teams are a couple years away from going back to the playoffs.

Would had to get a LOT of help to get in the playoffs this year, but still could have happened because the Jags gave themselves a chance after the bye, and this team is full of holes now without a decent QB at the helm.. Saying the Jags could make the Super Bowl is pretty far fetched, making the playoffs however, with this division, could still happen especially with a more competent QB.

The Colts are a mediocre team and will run away with this division. This division is up for grabs. If the Jags can get a strong rookie QB performance then playoffs will be within reach next year, imo. 

Sounds like you were hallucinating.  Too much turkey perhaps?

Sounds like someone was being deliberately absurd.
Until we get the QB we need to lead this team for the long term, it's a bit premature to speculate on future success for our Jags.

Quote:I was sort of in and out after a big christmas dinner. I'm pretty sure I heard someone say they predicted the Jags/Falcons in the 49th Superbowl. I might have been dreaming Christmas wishes althought can anybody straighten me out? I think it was based off of respect for Bradleys style.

Were they laughing while they said this?
Quote:The Colts are a mediocre team and will run away with this division. This division is up for grabs. If the Jags can get a strong rookie QB performance then playoffs will be within reach next year, imo.
Mediocre? After beating the 49ers...Seahawks...Broncos...and Chiefs?

Don't get a big head just for winning a couple of meaningless games. The Colts will rule this division for years to come... Again.
Quote: 

The Colts will rule this division for years to come... Again.

....thanks to them tanking in 2011 to get Luck. 
Luck is good but he has shown to be nowhere near peyton manning level. He is easily beatable.

Not only that but polian has turned into a clown just like jerry. Expect him to ruin his team just like Jerry did. Richardson for a 1st? LOOOOL

Quote:Mediocre? After beating the 49ers...Seahawks...Broncos...and Chiefs?

Don't get a big head just for winning a couple of meaningless games. The Colts will rule this division for years to come... Again.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Colts suck, I don't even have faith in them beating us Sunday while we still have Henne at QB. 

Quote:....thanks to them tanking in 2011 to get Luck. 

Keep pushing the Big Lie. Dr. Goebbels would be proud.
Quote:Luck is good but he has shown to be nowhere near peyton manning level. He is easily beatable.

Not only that but polian has turned into a clown just like jerry. Expect him to ruin his team just like Jerry did. Richardson for a 1st? LOOOOL

I think you just ruined any credibility you were hoping to gain.

You were wrong on both counts.
Quote:Luck is good but he has shown to be nowhere near Peyton Manning level. He is easily beatable.

Not only that but Polian has turned into a clown just like jerry. Expect him to ruin his team just like Jerry did. Richardson for a 1st? LOL

Who are you calling Polian? Bill was fired before Peyton Manning got a job in Denver, so somebody else selected Andrew Luck.

And to say Luck is "nowhere near Peyton Manning" is ridiculous. Almost every quarterback in NFL history fits that description.

Quote:Mediocre? After beating the 49ers, Seahawks, Broncos, and Chiefs?

Don't get a big head just for winning a couple of meaningless games. The Colts will rule this division for years to come again.

That makes sense until you think about the blowout home loss to the Rams, trailing by 18 at halftime in Houston (which was only a win because of Gary Kubiak's TIA), and the win margin against Oakland was only four points. Sure, those three wins were impressive, but the Cardinals (who lost to the 49ers and split with the Seahawks) blew them out. Do you think a team that should have been blown out by the NFL's worst team and was blown out by another team with a losing record is great because of four wins over playoff teams? I think we can argue forever about how good or bad teams are based on box scores for all 16 weeks. The Colts are good, but would they win a different division?

Quote:....thanks to them tanking in 2011 to get Luck. 
Yeah....they tanked so much, everybody lost their jobs and got cut.

Hats off to those fine men for helping the Colts succeed for many years to come while they are out of the league or playing for crap teams.
Quote:Yeah....they tanked so much, everybody lost their jobs and got cut.

Hats off to those fine men for helping the Colts succeed for many years to come while they are out of the league or playing for crap teams.

yes, the guys that were on their way out anyway....
Quote:Luck is good but he has shown to be nowhere near peyton manning level.
2 years in the league with 2 playoff appearences.

Did Peyton do that (with much more talent around him)?

The answer would be no.

Who knows what the future holds, but I'll take my chances.
Pages: 1 2 3