Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Meester announces retirement at end of season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just saw it on bleacher report but on my mobile but I'm sure someone will get a link. Just spreading it as I saw it
Good for him. He's been a great player for a long time and to see him retire having played only for the Jaguars is a nice final touch.

Congratulations to Brad on a fine career. Good guy, good Jaguar, great citizen.

Enjoy retirement Meester, proud he was a Jaguar glad to have him retire here.

Glad to see him leaving the game on his own terms, rather than languishing about in free agency. After the career he's had, he deserves the opportunity to do so, and to retire a Jaguar. As much as we forget it given his decline over the last few years, there was a while there where he was an excellent guard/center, and the lynchpin of the line.

Is he the first significant guy to play his whole career with the Jags?
Quote:Is he the first significant guy to play his whole career with the Jags?

Tony Brackens, but he was only here for 8 seasons or something like that. 
Quote:Enjoy retirement Meester, proud he was a Jaguar glad to have him retire here.

This /\/\/\

Good Job Brad, Thanks for being all you are.
Quote:Is he the first significant guy to play his whole career with the Jags?

Brackens is the only other one that comes to mind but his career was cut short.
Good for him that he gets to go out on his own terms. He's been a good soldier here.

Brad thanks for so many years as a Jaguar! you are credit to your family and to the team......may you have very success in your life and may you and the family enjoy the life in retirement.  As we say in the Navy.." May you have fair winds and following seas" !!!!!

Quote:Tony Brackens, but he was only here for 8 seasons or something like that. 
Didn't Brackens end up playing a few games for Miami, though?
Quote:Didn't Brackens end up playing a few games for Miami, though?

I don't think so.  I can't remember.  On this website it says he ended his career in Jax. 

http://www.nfl.com/player/tonybrackens/2499744/profile
Quote:Didn't Brackens end up playing a few games for Miami, though?

Darius did. I dont think Brackens did.
Brad was a good player for us for years and I'm glad we had a constant like him but I'm happy he's retired now. He's basically forced the team to draft a center now something the team has been scared to do for year for some reason. We have ten picks but now we know where one is being used.

All players upon entering the NFL have an idea of how they want their career to go. It usually involves dreams of staying with the same team and starting for year in and year out. Of becoming a central figure to the fanbase and being seen as the guy who gets his job done. Finally they dream of retiring on their own terms when they are ready to finally walk away and not getting cut just to be rejected in FA.

Meester was able to accomplish all of that in a time where its harder than ever and teams are moving on from players faster and faster. That to me is monster props to Meester and despite his declined play towards the end he can still walk away with his head held high and claim his rightful place at the man card committee.

Quote:Brackens is the only other one that comes to mind but his career was cut short.
Boselli could be included as well. He never played a snap in Houston.

I'm happy to hear Meester is hanging it up. He's been a rock through 5 coaches, and a pillar in this community. Now he can enjoy the house full of girls full time. He'll be desperate to get back into the league within 6 months of dealing with that!
Quote:Boselli could be included as well. He never played a snap in Houston.

I'm happy to hear Meester is hanging it up. He's been a rock through 5 coaches, and a pillar in this community. Now he can enjoy the house full of girls full time. He'll be desperate to get back into the league within 6 months of dealing with that!

He won't make it past August.
SEVEN females in that house. Poor fella.

Are you sure you want to do this, Brad?
Pages: 1 2 3