Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Shutting Down Shorts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like they're going to shut down Cecil for the rest of the season. Problem worse than originally thought. Smart decision.
What makes you think that?

Gus mentioned in his press conferance about talking to some of the injured players and moving them to IR so they dont injure themselves more.
Quote:Gus mentioned in his press conferance about talking to some of the injured players and moving them to IR so they dont injure themselves more.

David Caldwell moves players to IR, not Gus Bradley.

That would make sense if there is zero chance Cecil Shorts will be cleared to play for the Colts game. But with only two games left and our playoff hopes dead, it is not necessary.
I was so sure he'd get to 1000 yards this season.   And then Henne would throw him a screen behind the line of scrimmage their last offensive play and he'd end up with 999. 

Quote:David Caldwell moves players to IR, not Gus Bradley.

That would make sense if there is zero chance Cecil Shorts will be cleared to play for the Colts game. But with only two games left and our playoff hopes dead, it is not necessary.

Gus was doing the press Conferance and he mentioned he and Dave would talk to the players.

http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/f...-pm-monday

Also

http://members.jacksonville.com/opinion/...ikely-over
Oh, this thread is going to be fun. I can't wait to see more! :devil:

Hmm... I dislike the idea as a fan perspective (just because I want to see some big plays on Sunday), but I think it's a good decision. Better to have them for a healthy off-season/training camp instead of a injured/setback one.

Quote:What makes you think that?

Heard mention of it on 1010XL
Quote:Oh, this thread is going to be fun. I can't wait to see more! :devil:

+1
Well, no need to worry about tanking, without Shorts and/or MJD, we will lose out.

Quote:David Caldwell moves players to IR, not Gus Bradley.

There's no chance to make the playoffs so why not give the new guys some valuable experience and evaluation? Chances of winning the next 2 games are less now. If we do lose the next 2, we should be picking pretty high in next year's draft.
Quote:Gus was doing the press Conferance and he mentioned he and Dave would talk to the players.

http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/f...-pm-monday

Also

http://members.jacksonville.com/opinion/...ikely-over
I thought Caldwell was the one who would put him on IR.

How would Gus know anything about that?
Quote:Well, no need to worry about tanking, without Shorts and/or MJD, we will lose out.

Pretty much
Good.. if there is a question then do it.. Need him good and healthy for next season and the new guy tossing him the rock!

Season is over. Not point risking further injury. It hurts because if we all wanted Cecil to reach 1k yards, imagine how badly he did. Hopefully he spends the rest of the time between now and preseason or even regular season healing. He has proven to be a good starter for us. Get well, Cecil
Quote:Looks like they're going to shut down Cecil for the rest of the season. Problem worse than originally thought. Smart decision.

I read that the Coaching Staff just pulled their Shorts down.  I am not sure what happened next... 

Quote:There's no chance to make the playoffs so why not give the new guys some valuable experience and evaluation? Chances of winning the next 2 games are less now. If we do lose the next 2, we should be picking pretty high in next year's draft.

TANK MODE HAS BEGUN!!!  I BET MJD WAS HEALTY TOO!!!
Cecil Shut Down.

Say it 10 times fast.

Quote:I thought Caldwell was the one who would put him on IR.

How would Gus know anything about that?

I am sure Gus talked to David about it before his press conference.

Quote:I read that the coaching staff just pulled their Shorts down. I am not sure what happened next.

One little problem with that joke: They don't wear shorts.

But that is exactly the type of joke I am able to understand.
Pages: 1 2