Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chad henne
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If chad henne wasn't a so called veteran and hadn't already proved he isn't going to be a QB great.Would we be so quick to dismiss him for next season and concentrate instead on a pass rusher.Keep in mind teams score for fun against us and henne had a decent game today.Just a question for debate!
Quote:If chad henne wasn't a so called veteran and hadn't already proved he isn't going to be a QB great.Would we be so quick to dismiss him for next season and concentrate instead on a pass rusher.Keep in mind teams score for fun against us and henne had a decent game today.Just a question for debate!

I'm happy we know he isn't the guy so we can try to find a guy who is.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Quote:If chad henne wasn't a so called veteran and hadn't already proved he isn't going to be a QB great.Would we be so quick to dismiss him for next season and concentrate instead on a pass rusher.Keep in mind teams score for fun against us and henne had a decent game today.Just a question for debate!
Wait, are you saying you think Henne has been anything other than utterly unacceptable?
Which guy is that gonna be in your opinion or who do u hope it will be?
I think everyone knew Henne wasn't a "great" qb when he was sat behind Pennington in Miami. Miami had it right to begin with. Henne is a backup QB. Unfortunately, our backup is better than our starter. It is what it is..
The premise of your question is understandable, but the wording and execution of actually assembling a comprehensible thought on the matter was an utter failure.

If Henne were younger and in his first year or two in the league, or even a little longer but his first year or so starting, then perhaps the story would be different. Perhaps opinion would still vary and there would be more people willing to talk about letting him start next year for the sake of seeing what he has and concentrating on other areas.

But none of the above are the case. He's been around plenty long enough and has shown that he has ability, but needs a LOT around him. Could Chad Henne be an Alex Smith? AKA: If you threw him on a team filled with pro bowl talent, could he be a solid game manager and make the occasional play? Yes. Maybe. To a lesser degree than Smith (lol). But that's a far shot from what this team is. He needs a LOT around him.

Would I be condemning management if we started the pre-season with Henne atop the depth chart and a second-round guy learning, while having used a top 5 pick on an instant-contributor elsewhere? No. Is that what I really want to happen though? Heck no.

Henne is what he is. And he struggles to be a consistently average game-manager. I'd prefer the same output from a young unknown that at least has the mystery of potential.

Henne is a good backup.

Quote:I think everyone knew Henne wasn't a "great" qb when he was sat behind Pennington in Miami. Miami had it right to begin with. Henne is a backup QB. Unfortunately, our backup is better than our starter. It is what it is..

Wait...  I think you just blew my mind...

Our back up is better than our starter?

So henne is better than henne, when henne was Gabbert?  And gabbert was henne, but still not quite henne.  So therefore gabbert is now henne.

So do we start gabbert next week?  Cuz you know our back up is better than our starter... 

Oh man, we're in for some trouble soon!
Not saying he hasn't been good enough,he hasn't but look at Derrick Anderson up at cleveland a few years ago.Good team spirit and wins can bring the best out of anyone.What need is our greatest? Hard to call because we seem to be scoring points on the board but also conceding far to many.No team is scared of our defense.
We need to put the franchise tag on Henne to make sure we don't lose him.
Quote:Wait... I think you just blew my mind...

Our back up is better than our starter?

So henne is better than henne, when henne was Gabbert? And gabbert was henne, but still not quite henne. So therefore gabbert is now henne.

So do we start gabbert next week? Cuz you know our back up is better than our starter...

Oh man, we're in for some trouble soon!

Nice.. Now you've confused the henne outta me..
He's a spot starter who pushes the other guys on the roster, exactly what this team will need if they draft a guy.

Unfortunately, you can only tag 1 player and that is going to Alualu.

Quote:Henne is a backup.

That's it. I hate when people perpetuate the myth that he's a good backup. He's pretty average, even as far as backup QB's go.
Quote:Unfortunately, you can only tag 1 player and that is going to Alualu.

He's not even a free agent....
I would be ok if we retained Henne as a backup. What we are seeing is that Gus has the ability to elevate his players play. That will be a great asset when we draft competitive players. The future is bright and Jaguar fans will have the pleasure of see their team elevated to elite status in the next two years! I believe it is not out of the possibility if we get our future quarterback and a few good players in the draft that this team can be in the position to fight for the division championship next year.

He's just too inconsistent......I was hoping the Brunell videos at half time would inspire him. Wrong.

Quote:He's just too inconsistent......I was hoping the Brunell videos at half time would inspire him. Wrong.

He's extremely consistent...... consistently awful.

http://www.nfl.com/player/chadhenne/252/gamelogs
Quote:Unfortunately, you can only tag 1 player and that is going to Alualu.
Why would you ever tag Alualu?
Pages: 1 2 3