Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Very Good Interview With Caldwell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good story on Dave Caldwell in the Buffalo newspaper. 

Quote:Good <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/the-education-of-an-nfl-gm-20131215'>story</a> on Dave Caldwell in the Buffalo newspaper.
Gabbert smokescreen. Keeping him on the roster til we draft our QB
Quote:Good story on Dave Caldwell in the Buffalo newspaper. 
Wow, good read. Thanks
Good find..thanks.

Outstanding interview.  Great read.

He was a lot more forthcoming than I would have expected.
Ahhh! So maybe free agency wont be as fun this offseason as I would have hoped. B- and C type free agents with upside will be the focus.

Heres to hoping he picks some good ones!

That was great! Caldwell is truly an awesome individual and he certainly has the work ethic and passion to change this franchise. I am glad the jaguars have a guy like him..... If some of these Jacksonville sportswriters were not so busy bashing the jaguars and being Tebow homers this interview could have come from a closer source.

Thanks again for the post!

I posted this story first.  I demand copyright payment.   :angry:

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...e/?p=83474

Quote:Ahhh! So maybe free agency wont be as fun this offseason as I would have hoped. B- and C type free agents with upside will be the focus.

Heres to hoping he picks some good ones!

^^reading comprehension fail

Awesome post, thank you OP. That's the most passion David has demonstrated yet I think. I also think that's a good thing to possess about your job. It bodes well.

And his relation building fungsway (sp?) in the office is fun; I hadn't heard about that.
Yes thanks for sharing! That was definitely a good read & insightful. Now I also know DC cries easily too.
Hopefully we go BPA in the draft every pick
Great read. 

I absolutely love his paragraph about analytics and how it ended up playing a role in drafting Evans. Teams going beyond the numbers and measurables will have so much more success drafting.

Literally, The tale of two players. Blaine Gabbert has all the measurables. Josh Evans has only some. Yet one is a complete bust so far and the other is pretty good and has shown more potential than the other ever has.

This is why I have faith in Caldwell. He doesn't just look at the outside of a box, He wants to know whats in it. Sure we probably didn't draft a pro-bowl player with our 2013 draft but I do think we got a bunch of solid B or C type caliber of players.

Two things about that article stood out to me; the fact that they brought in a consultant with the Head Coach hire -- I wonder who that was? -- and I didn't realize that they interviewed as many coaches as they did before they hired Bradley.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"...'I had a good friend tell me, ‘You’re going to go through a lot of interviews, and when the right person walks through the door you’re going to know it.’ Sure enough, after three interviews, Gus was the fourth, and about 30 minutes into the interview I knew Gus was our coach.'
..."

Quote:Two things about that article stood out to me; the fact that they brought in a consultant with the Head Coach hire -- I wonder who that was? -- and I didn't realize that they interviewed as many coaches as they did before they hired Bradley.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"...'I had a good friend tell me, ‘You’re going to go through a lot of interviews, and when the right person walks through the door you’re going to know it.’ Sure enough, after three interviews, Gus was the fourth, and about 30 minutes into the interview I knew Gus was our coach.'
..."
Odds are it was Bill Polian. 
Quote:I posted this story first.  I demand copyright payment.   :angry:

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...e/?p=83474
Ask and ye shall receive. 
Quote:Good <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/the-education-of-an-nfl-gm-20131215'>story</a> on Dave Caldwell in the Buffalo newspaper.

You da man Homebisquit.....great article! A must read. Wonder if he was looking at anybody special from the USC/Notre Dame game.
Quote:You da man Homebisquit.....great article! A must read. Wonder if he was looking at anybody special from the USC/Notre Dame game.
Hopefully Louis Nix.
Pages: 1 2