Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Schaub in Teal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since Matt Schaub seems to be on the bubble in Houston does anyone see a possibility of Matt Schaub becoming a Jaguar in the off-season?

Quote:Since Matt Schaub seems to be on the bubble in Houston does anyone see a possibility of Matt Schaub becoming a Jaguar in the off-season?

I've thought about it.   Houston would owe him 14.5 million if they keep him, so they won't keep him.   I think he's a very good QB, but throwing a whole bunch of pick-sixes  this year seems to have damaged his psyche.  
At his best he is a very good QB, but we haven't seen his best in a long time and even when he is playing well he is so injury prone he cant be counted on for a season.

As of right now, he probably isnt much better than Henne and assuming a QB is still the top priority in the draft and we are going to have a transitional vet QB, we might as well stick with the guy who knows the offense.

If we are going to sign/trade for a vet to take us forward long term, I really hope they can do better than Schaub.

I'd much prefer a younger QB like Kirk Cousins if we could trade for him. If the price is right I wouldn't mind having Schaub in Jacksonville. He is at least an average NFL QB and I'm sure he'd be licking his chops at a chance to dump the Texans twice a year. He was playing his best ball but the franchise became rocky and without a running game they folded and the city wanted his head on a platter after one game. Off the bench he outperformed Keenum and Henne in that game. He made a big time throw to Andre Johnson on 3rd and 20 something we won't see from any current QB on the roster.

Don't see the point

He is a better QB than henne but he still isn't the answer

if we signed him he would a short term option to mentor/ sit infront of our new QB til he is ready

Well hennes can play that role and already knows the system

Plus I reckon henne would be cheaper
In the past I would have said yes, but now, I want to build with youth.  My expectation is we will be the youngest team in the NFL  after this coming offseason.  Marcedes, Babin, Meester, Mincey could all be gone.  Mojo too, but I think we bring him back.

If they don't see someone in the draft that we're in a position to get and be a starter, then maybe he will be.

I'd be happy to explore all options, drafting a young guy in the third or fourth and let him sit behind a good vet for a year or two wouldn't be so bad.

No. How many time are you going to ask?

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...b-in-teal/
Some people on here really enjoy QB purgatory...

Quote:Since Matt Schaub seems to be on the bubble in Houston does anyone see a possibility of Matt Schaub becoming a Jaguar in the off-season?

Why do you want us to be bad?  Seriously, this can be your only reason.  He couldn't keep the starting job on a 2-10 team.  Why would you want him?
As a cheap backup QB, yes. Starter, definitely no.

No for me on Schaub. He reminds me a little of Romo in that you just know he'll fail at some point. Certainly no as the man but a very soft maybe as the backup. Not a fan.

I'd rather Mallett in the mix...Manziel or McCarron and Mallett. A playmaker/a caretaker and a gunslinger. Giddyup.

Quote:Why do you want us to be bad?  Seriously, this can be your only reason.  He couldn't keep the starting job on a 2-10 team.  Why would you want him?

He'll probably be the best option as a bridge QB available this year. I'm always concerned about throwing a high pick QB out there Day 1, and a guy like Shaub, decent player though in a bad place right now, could be a good half season guy. I'd hate for this team to gain some momentum going into next year and then trot out Henne and regress or worse Carr-erize your shiny new kid.
The title of this thread makes me throw up in my mouth a little. PLEASE delete it.

Quote:The title of this thread makes me throw up in my mouth a little. PLEASE delete it.

The OP already started another thread of the same name.  It got moved to the AFC South board so he just started another one.  I think the mods are in on it.
Quote:Some people on here really enjoy QB purgatory...
It's better than being stuck in losing purgatory...
Quote:It's better than being stuck in losing purgatory...

Is it?
I could see him as a veteran presence behind a rookie if we don't choose to resign Henne.

I think this division has had enough pick 6s for the rest of the decade

I don't see any chance that happens.  Schaub isn't what this team needs at QB.  He's a somewhat glorified Chad Henne.  He's a decent QB when he's playing his best but far too inconsistent with his decision making.  

Pages: 1 2