Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So beating a team head-to-head does not matter? another ESPN cheap shot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Listening to ESPN radio on the way home from work, as I do everyday. Its SVP and Ryan R.(NO IDEA HOW TO SPELL HIS NAME)

They were doing their weekly top 5/ bottom 3 lists

Van Pelt had Texans/ Bucs/ Jags with the comment that they are in danger of losing their spot on the list if they keep up the way they are playing right now.

So then we get to the other bottom 3- Bucs/ Vikings/ and despite  the Texans having the worst record in the league "No way are the Jags better than the Texans", so we round out the 3.

Not a huge deal, but just felt like it was another ESPN  cheap shot.

In terms of individual skill, the Texans players are miles ahead of our rookie players (as expected), but as a team they're complete garbage LOL. 

Obviously if the Jags sweep the Tinhorns twice, we're better as a team. There's no other way to put it, and I hate the fact ESPN can't realize that.

Yes, I heard this too. The Texans have more talent then the Jags, but the Jags have more heart then the Texans, at least right now.

This will be decided Thursday night.
I'd say we are better than the tin horns. They are dismantling while we are competing and growing . Their secondary sucks, Andre Johnson ain't getting any younger, Keenum is Gabbert levels of terrible, etc etc.

Texans have more talent, Jags have better coaching.

You should really be outraged by those comments.

Not that I was outraged, we are one of the bottom teams. It was his reasoning that got me.

yes, this is serious business!!!!

The day that ESPN makes any good comments about the Jags is the day I start questioning things.. I fear change..

Quote:yes, this is serious business!!!!

What are we gonna do!?!
Quote:Not that I was outraged, we are one of the bottom teams. It was his reasoning that got me.
Well, then THAT should outrage you. 

Harrumph!
Until we win super bowls in a span of a couple years ESPN will always dog us. The first super bowl win would be an absolute fluke in their eyes, so it wouls have to be two. I feel like we could be undefeated late in the season and they would still find some way to low ball us. Meanwhile Luck will complete check down after check down and continue putting up ~190yd games with 0tds and a few picks and still be the chosen one. They love him more than Brady/Manning
ESPN is the last organization I care about getting respect from.  

Quote:ESPN is the last organization I care about getting respect from.  
But these guys are obviously in it for the sake of real sports journalism!!

[Image: radio_Vegas_d1_288.jpg]

(Russillo and Van Pelt)

oops 
To think the Jaguars are not better than the Texans, you must not know what happened in Houston. No way is a team that can't score a touchdown against the Jaguars a better team than the Jaguars.

Espn is like that popular kid in school that everyone always hated and wanted to push off a cliff.. 

Quote:Until we win super bowls in a span of a couple years ESPN will always dog us. The first super bowl win would be an absolute fluke in their eyes, so it wouls have to be two. I feel like we could be undefeated late in the season and they would still find some way to low ball us. Meanwhile Luck will complete check down after check down and continue putting up ~190yd games with 0tds and a few picks and still be the chosen one. They love him more than Brady/Manning

Good grief, stop being so insecure.

These conspiracy theories about ESPN get tiresome. The Jaguars have been bad, for quite a while. It's not a conspiracy to have that pointed out.

The Texans were in the playoffs last year and the Jags won 2 games. Not real surprising that someone thinks the Texans have more talent.
Quote:But these guys are obviously in it for the sake of real sports journalism!!

[Image: radio_Vegas_d1_288.jpg]

(Russillo and Van Pelt)

Hmmm....  E. S. P. N.  Drink it all in, it always goes down smooth.  

Little known fact, ESPN is actually german for a whale's (womanly parts)  Little known fact.

Quote:You should really be outraged by those comments.

I'm outraged by the outrage!  Isn't that outrageous?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5