Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: CowboyBarry? WHere'd he go?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I haven't seen him on the board in a long time. He was a good poster, too. Anyone hear from him? 

Its weird how some posters like he, ItsMeierTime and superfan posted a LOT regularly and then all of a sudden just go cold turkey and never post at all anymore. Nobody weens off the board gradually. 

I miss those guys!!
I had a while there where I didn't post as much. I think people come and go, I guess it's natural if someone lost interest in the team they'd lose interest in this place?

I know a lot of old regular posters have taken to Twitter.
Quote:I know a lot of old regular posters have taken to Twitter.

To much happens to fast on twitter to keep up with anyone person.

Quote:I know a lot of old regular posters have taken to Twitter.

I don't get it...I like the group conversations you get on here...not the few words and a bunch of ### you get on twitter.
Quote:To much happens to fast on twitter to keep up with anyone person.

You have the distinction of being the only person I've ever tweeted at. Mostly because I like religious and political debate and they aren't allowed here and your profile says that's what you discuss on Twitter.

Quote:I don't get it...I like the group conversations you get on here...not the few words and a bunch of ### you get on twitter.

This. Twitter's character limitation is sooooooooooo annoying. I like to be thorough in my explanations of my opinions and I simply cannot do that on Twitter.
Quote:I don't get it...I like the group conversations you get on here...not the few words and a bunch of ### you get on twitter.

I use twitter for another source for Jags news but I'm totally with you. The use of a dozen hashtags is incredibly grating.
CowboyBerry in on a pilgrimage espousing the Greatness of Corn!

Quote:You have the distinction of being the only person I've ever tweeted at. Mostly because I like religious and political debate and they aren't allowed here and your profile says that's what you discuss on Twitter.

This. Twitter's character limitation is sooooooooooo annoying. I like to be thorough in my explanations of my opinions and I simply cannot do that on Twitter.

What's your twitter handle? Are you the unraveled mind guy?
Quote:CowboyBerry in on a pilgrimage espousing the Greatness of Corn!

seems fitting
Quote:To much happens to fast on twitter to keep up with anyone person.

I do like twitter, but you are both right. It's a different beast altogether.

I miss Jonesy.

Quote:I haven't seen him on the board in a long time. He was a good poster, too. Anyone hear from him? 

Its weird how some posters like he, ItsMeierTime and superfan posted a LOT regularly and then all of a sudden just go cold turkey and never post at all anymore. Nobody weens off the board gradually. 

I think most posters mentioned just grew tired of the board to be honest. On Twitter, it's much easier to ignore/block obvious trolling. 
Quote:I think most posters mentioned just grew tired of the board to be honest. On Twitter, it's much easier to ignore/block obvious trolling. 

I'm with the others above though, I like this format MUCH more than the annoying twitter format. Enough so to put up with the posters that I do not like. 

Besides, a big reason for most of the bad posters/ any trolling is the state of the team for so long. Once that improves, much of the negative will also improve. You're already seeing signs of it. 

Quote:I'm with the others above though, I like this format MUCH more than the annoying twitter format. Enough so to put up with the posters that I do not like. 

Besides, a big reason for most of the bad posters/ any trolling is the state of the team for so long. Once that improves, much of the negative will also improve. You're already seeing signs of it. 

I prefer this as well. I use Twitter but more for the "breaking news" aspect than anything else. I am also not a huge fan of the #Jaguars clique on there anyway. They act as if they own some monopoly on being Jaguar fans.
Twitter is way better on game day.

Quote:I prefer this as well. I use Twitter but more for the "breaking news" aspect than anything else. I am also not a huge fan of the #Jaguars clique on there anyway. They act as if they own some monopoly on being Jaguar fans.

^^ this first time I've disliked a portion of the Jaguars fan base
Quote:^^ this first time I've disliked a portion of the Jaguars fan base

While I can appreciate their love for the team, it is definitely a strange bunch. And not my cup of tea.
Quote:What's your twitter handle? Are you the unraveled mind guy?
 Yep.
I stay in touch with him outside of this forum. He is doing well.

And yes...... He is still pondering the corn thing. :yes:

Pages: 1 2