Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CowboyBarry? WHere'd he go?

I haven't seen him on the board in a long time. He was a good poster, too. Anyone hear from him? 

Its weird how some posters like he, ItsMeierTime and superfan posted a LOT regularly and then all of a sudden just go cold turkey and never post at all anymore. Nobody weens off the board gradually. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I miss those guys!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I had a while there where I didn't post as much. I think people come and go, I guess it's natural if someone lost interest in the team they'd lose interest in this place?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I know a lot of old regular posters have taken to Twitter.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 12:46 AM by EricC85.)

Quote:I know a lot of old regular posters have taken to Twitter.

To much happens to fast on twitter to keep up with anyone person.

Quote:I know a lot of old regular posters have taken to Twitter.

I don't get it...I like the group conversations you get on here...not the few words and a bunch of ### you get on twitter.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:To much happens to fast on twitter to keep up with anyone person.

You have the distinction of being the only person I've ever tweeted at. Mostly because I like religious and political debate and they aren't allowed here and your profile says that's what you discuss on Twitter.

Quote:I don't get it...I like the group conversations you get on here...not the few words and a bunch of ### you get on twitter.

This. Twitter's character limitation is sooooooooooo annoying. I like to be thorough in my explanations of my opinions and I simply cannot do that on Twitter.

Quote:I don't get it...I like the group conversations you get on here...not the few words and a bunch of ### you get on twitter.

I use twitter for another source for Jags news but I'm totally with you. The use of a dozen hashtags is incredibly grating.

CowboyBerry in on a pilgrimage espousing the Greatness of Corn!

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:You have the distinction of being the only person I've ever tweeted at. Mostly because I like religious and political debate and they aren't allowed here and your profile says that's what you discuss on Twitter.

This. Twitter's character limitation is sooooooooooo annoying. I like to be thorough in my explanations of my opinions and I simply cannot do that on Twitter.

What's your twitter handle? Are you the unraveled mind guy?

Quote:CowboyBerry in on a pilgrimage espousing the Greatness of Corn!

seems fitting

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 09:12 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:To much happens to fast on twitter to keep up with anyone person.

I do like twitter, but you are both right. It's a different beast altogether.

I miss Jonesy.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I haven't seen him on the board in a long time. He was a good poster, too. Anyone hear from him? 

Its weird how some posters like he, ItsMeierTime and superfan posted a LOT regularly and then all of a sudden just go cold turkey and never post at all anymore. Nobody weens off the board gradually. 

I think most posters mentioned just grew tired of the board to be honest. On Twitter, it's much easier to ignore/block obvious trolling. 

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 10:53 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I think most posters mentioned just grew tired of the board to be honest. On Twitter, it's much easier to ignore/block obvious trolling. 

I'm with the others above though, I like this format MUCH more than the annoying twitter format. Enough so to put up with the posters that I do not like. 

Besides, a big reason for most of the bad posters/ any trolling is the state of the team for so long. Once that improves, much of the negative will also improve. You're already seeing signs of it. 

Quote:I'm with the others above though, I like this format MUCH more than the annoying twitter format. Enough so to put up with the posters that I do not like. 

Besides, a big reason for most of the bad posters/ any trolling is the state of the team for so long. Once that improves, much of the negative will also improve. You're already seeing signs of it. 

I prefer this as well. I use Twitter but more for the "breaking news" aspect than anything else. I am also not a huge fan of the #Jaguars clique on there anyway. They act as if they own some monopoly on being Jaguar fans.

Twitter is way better on game day.

Quote:I prefer this as well. I use Twitter but more for the "breaking news" aspect than anything else. I am also not a huge fan of the #Jaguars clique on there anyway. They act as if they own some monopoly on being Jaguar fans.

^^ this first time I've disliked a portion of the Jaguars fan base

Quote:^^ this first time I've disliked a portion of the Jaguars fan base

While I can appreciate their love for the team, it is definitely a strange bunch. And not my cup of tea.

Quote:What's your twitter handle? Are you the unraveled mind guy?
 Yep.

I stay in touch with him outside of this forum. He is doing well.

And yes...... He is still pondering the corn thing. :yes:

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.