Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Texans Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It took all the Patriots had to put down the Texans this weekend.  Jags don't play well at home for some reason, I'm thinking Texans win this one, but hopefully we show continued improvement.

Texans 23 Jags 20.

I think the Jags pull it out at the end in another close win. 

The Jags reeling off 6 straight wins to end the season is a realistic possibility. 

Jags 35

Tinhorns 10.

Finally a home game eruption.

Hard to predict for me.  You just never know what you are going to see from the tinhorns' QB this season.  (regardless of which one)

If they  (the texans) play like they did vs NE, then they'll win.  If they play below that - it's a toss-up hinging on Henne getting rid of the ball quickly. 

Yeah, really tough one to pick.

It is going to be electric in the stadium.  Maybe. 

Quote:I think the Jags pull it out at the end in another close win. 

The Jags reeling off 6 straight wins to end the season is a realistic possibility. 
Could you imagine the excitement in this city next season if that happended!?!
I think we finally get to see a home win. The teams emotion is high right now. 24-14 Jags

Quote:Hard to predict for me.  You just never know what you are going to see from the tinhorns' QB this season.  (regardless of which one)

If they  (the texans) play like they did vs NE, then they'll win.  If they play below that - it's a toss-up hinging on Henne getting rid of the ball quickly. 

I'd be surprised if the Texans will be able to be "up" for this game after having such a close loss against the Patriots, who they appeared to go all out for to try and beat and almost did....

I sense a let down for the Texans. 

But the game will probably still be close. 
i hope the jags win but i have a feeling the texans will show up because they dont want to get swept by us lol. 

13 pts will not be enough to win this game.

24-23 jags

I think the Jags pull this one out.  We're starting to build some positive momentum.

Quote:Could you imagine the excitement in this city next season if that happended!?!

It would be really good for the franchise and potentially carry some momentum into the offseason and next season. 

If the Jags did reel off 6 straight, you're then looking at 7-9 and a draft pick around 12th-14th. Probably AJ McCarron at that point. 
Quote:I'd be surprised if the Texans will be able to be "up" for this game after having such a close loss against the Patriots, 

A valid point.   You gotta' figure that morale is not so high over there in general right now. Add in a tough loss to Handsome Tom and it just stings more.  They certainly weren't "up" for the first Jags tilt.   The prime time scheduling of the game might help boost some drive and effort for them, though.  I hope they come out flat and the Jags pounce on the opportunity! 

The tinhorns will want revenge for us beating them at their home. I expect a very physical and close game, and the Jags pull out another win. I just want to see the Thursday Night Football crew interview Cecil and Ace.

Quote:The tinhorns will want revenge for us beating them at their home.

With 10 straight losses, I'd doubt they have very much fight left in them at this point. Lets make it 11. 
Quote:With 10 straight losses, I'd doubt they have very much fight left in them at this point. Lets make it 11. 
The Texans have always wanted to beat us no matter what situation they were in. 
Has anyone seen where Antonio Smith essentially accused New England of spying on them? The relevant quote is below:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"...'I just think it will be a big coincidence if that just happened by chance," he said. "I don't know for sure, but I just know it was something that we practiced this week." "Either teams are spying on us or scouting us,
'..."

To me, this speaks to a symptom that every coach hates; finger-pointing. It seems as if the players are looking for excuses as to why they aren't winning and they're picking out anyone besides themselves. Ironically enough, this reminds me of a great quote that was credited to the late Bum Phillips, former Houston Oilers coach:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"You fail all the time, but you aren't a failure until you start blaming someone else.
"

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

Despite all of this, I think that Jacksonville loses this game to Houston. While I don't think that Tate will have quite the day that he did versus New England -- 102 yards, three touchdowns -- I think that their offense is going to be too much to overcome. Man, I really, really hope I'm wrong about that.

Quote:Has anyone seen where Antonio Smith essentially accused New England of spying on them? The relevant quote is below:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"...'I just think it will be a big coincidence if that just happened by chance," he said. "I don't know for sure, but I just know it was something that we practiced this week." "Either teams are spying on us or scouting us,
'..."

To me, this speaks to a symptom that every coach hates; finger-pointing. It seems as if the players are looking for excuses as to why they aren't winning and they're picking out anyone besides themselves. Ironically enough, this reminds me of a great quote that was credited to the late Bum Phillips, former Houston Oilers coach:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"You fail all the time, but you aren't a failure until you start blaming someone else.
"

Despite all of this, I think that Jacksonville loses this game to Houston. While I don't think that Tate will have quite the day that he did versus New England -- 102 yards, three touchdowns -- I think that their offense is going to be too much to overcome. Man, I really, really hope I'm wrong about that.
Did you not see what we did to them a few weeks ago? There's no reason why we can't do that again. 
Quote:Has anyone seen where Antonio Smith essentially accused New England of spying on them? The relevant quote is below:

'..."

"

Case Keenum is their QB....I don't think their offense is anything to be feared. I also don't see Tate duplicating that type of performance on a short week. 

This will probably be another lower scoring type game as the Thursday nighter's generally are. 

19-17 Jags. 
Quote:Did you not see what we did to them a few weeks ago? There's no reason why we can't do that again. 

Maybe, but there is also no reason why Houston can't go and look at what Jacksonville was doing and make adjustments so that it's not as effective any longer. Beating a team twice in a season is a tough get, and I really hope that Gus and the guys can pull it off; it's just that I have my doubts.
Pages: 1 2 3