Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So, am I the only one?...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
....that did not think that Shorts clearly had possession of that game winning TD pass before he went out of bounds?

[Image: Bill-Cosby-Laugh-GIF.gif]

[Image: troll+your+boat.jpg]

[Image: crying_dog_zpsedfff50e.gif]

<sup>it was close, very similiar to that TD that Gordon caught in the back of the endzone</sup>

[Image: Mr_f00913_560967.gif]

When i first saw the replay i was a bit worried. I personally thought it was a catch  (though close) but i know the refs like to screw us and that seemed like a prime chance for it.

[Image: JagsTD.gif]

[Image: Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif]

he had full possession but slightly readjusted it as he was going down. i dont think that was enough to overturn the call.
Closer than it should have been in my opinion. 

He had possession, clearly. That is why it was ruled a catch.

Quote:[Image: troll+your+boat.jpg]
I wish I could like this more than once
So, the day after a victory, the premise of the two threads TMD starts are as follows...

1)  The secondary sucks

2)  Shorts didn't have possession of the game winning catch

Classic TMD.

Quote:When i first saw the replay i was a bit worried. I personally thought it was a catch  (though close) but i know the refs like to screw us and that seemed like a prime chance for it.

When I saw the replay, I thought for sure they were overturning it. The ball was not secured as he was going out of the EZ. I was shocked but pleasantly surprised they stood with the call, especially with the play happening in a road game in Cleveland. 

Quote:[Image: JagsTD.gif]

[Image: Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif]

Yep, the above shows/ confirms what I saw. 

Quote:he had full possession but slightly readjusted it as he was going down. i dont think that was enough to overturn the call.

I don't see it as full possession. I think you can only have full possession when the ball is secured and not moving. 

Quote:He had possession, clearly. 

The replay is above. Not sure how you can say that. 
Quote:So, the day after a victory, the premise of the two threads TMD starts are as follows...

1)  The secondary sucks

Classic TMD.

Well I mean the secondary really didn't play that well, and Shorts made that a lot closer than it should have been. 

Shorts just needs to drag that other foot and there is absolutely zero questions about not being a catch. 

But I didn't think Gordon's catch was a catch and it was ruled a catch, soooooo.  It's whatevs. 

Quote:So, the day after a victory, the premise of the two threads TMD starts are as follows...

1)  The secondary sucks

Classic TMD.

They are 2 threads that I started. ANd I never used the phrase "the secondary sucks" at all. Those are your words. 

I notice you leave out MANY positive posts I have made in responses in other threads today. 

Typical. 

Nah, there seem to be a couple more of ya.

I'm not one of them though.  That's a catch.

Quote:Nah, there seem to be a couple more of ya.

I'm not one of them though.  That's a catch.

The ball certainly looks like it is still moving/ not secure as he goes out of the EZ...

Quote:I don't see it as full possession. I think you can only have full possession when the ball is secured and not moving. 

It was ruled a catch and confirmed by the referee. Sorry.
Quote:It was ruled a catch and confirmed by the referee. Sorry.

Thats not the argument. Sorry. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5